• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

BDub

How do the people in the Grand Rapids area feel about the Friends of the Boundary Waters proposal for such a huge chunk of the forest all around Bowstring Lake and Squaw Lake as a non-motorized recreation area?

The Friends proposal for more wilderness in the Ely area has not set well with many people. Alot of posting in the Good or Bad forum for the Duluth/Range.

Would like to hear comments on this.

------------------
CWCS - 'Preserving access to and multiple use of public lands and waters.'

BigFisherman

BDub, would like to know more about this proposal. I do own property in the area and would be most interested in giving my opinion (once I have seen the proposal).

BigFisherman

I do not agree with imposing the same types of restrictions in Itasca County that prevail in the BWCA. I do believe in being a shepherd to the land but not having outside groups tell me what/when I can/can not do. Count me out.

BDub

Check with the Chippewa National Forest. They can give you the proposed plan, along with all the other alternatives. The Friends of the Boundary Waters are also proposing adding another 90,000 acres to the wilderness near Ely. Comments need to be sent the the Forest Service by August 11.

------------------
CWCS - 'Preserving access to and multiple use of public lands and waters.'

Jason Boser

I think its a crock and I think all the people in the area better start putting a stop to it now
Jason

------------------
fishing fever guide service
fishingminnesota.com/fishingfever/
phone 218-327-2191
e-mail [email protected]

BigFisherman

Amen Jason! I will be a full time resident by the 15th of next month. I will e-mail you when we get situated and see what options we have to voice our opinions to protect our local area.

I AGREE WITH JASON ALSO . LETS NOT HAVE THIS BECOME LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE LIKE GUNS-YOU ALL KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.

jigglestick

sounds like a bunch of prematurely gray haired, round wire rim glasses wearing, sandle wearing yuppies tring to impose their idealistic views of how mother nature intended things to be. and they feel it their responsibility show us the light.
i have a better idea, why don't they do a little history home work, and look at the state of things in the metropolitan area say 200 years ago and try to revert the concrete jungle back to clean lakes, rivers, and prairies, where deer and bison abound!! the missippippi supported more scenic beauty and clean water, and less dead human bodies!!
you want a crusade, work on that one. leave us alone. you want things just the way you want it in northern minnesota? buy 40 acres and put up a no tresspassing sign.
i'm done for now.
walk softly and carry a big jigglestick!!

merc

I agree 100% Jiggle. I have 40 acres but no tresspassing signs. I guess I'm willing to share the great north with anyone as long as they aren't sitting in my tree stands on my land.

trollingforeyes

One area per county is enough. I am referring to the Wabana/Trout/Spider areas. If this rate keeps going we will soon be soon designating the few square miles left as moterized areas. As a property owner in the area count me out. I don't want to have to get my donkey out and ride!

jigglestick

don't worry, if they thought you were enjoying yourself, they would try to put a stop to that also frown.gif hee haw hee haw

------------------
keep your drinks on ice!!! jigglestick I.B.O.T.#5 have you clamped today???