• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

My wife and I are headed up to Bowstring next week and all the talk about the low water has me worried out getting the boat put in. Is it mostly bigger boats having trouble? Any suggestions on which launch I should try? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.

B-bear,

The "string" landing has large-boat warnings posted by the DNR but there have been some big rigs in there. Son-in-law had his 1850 Crestliner SportFish in there. I guess it all depends on how easily your boat goes on and off. Especially on! It's dug out a little, so you can get it off but it's very shallow for quite a ways out. Bring your waders!

------------------
Jaw Breaker Guide Service
Phone: 218 778-0087
[email protected]
http://fishtec.com/guide.htm

We were upi there for Mem weekend..used the landing at Snug Harbor resort...it was $15 to launch. there harbor is deep enough but the lake getws shallow out side of the harbor. they had someone there to help pull your boats thru...by the way there ramp is real steep!

Thanx for the info guys. I've got a roller trailer but I'm worried cause the new boats on the heavy side (Alumacraft TP175) and I don't wanna get stuck cause I can't horse it onto the trailer like with my old 14ft.