• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

im lookin to find some where in the gr area to try and catch some trout from shore. or somewhere i can take my canoe. tips or hints would be appreciated.
good luck

- Moonshine and others in same area. Moonshine has the easiest access
- Kramer isn't quite as easy of an access, but no problem
- Taylor (hill city) has a bit of a portage to get to, but nice lake
- Caribou - easy access for canoe and motorized boats.

I'll probably hit one or more of these this weekend also. Might drift Caribou in a canoe while fishing the others from shore.

good luck

Forgot the tips ... most folks use an egg sinker on a lindy rig-type of set up. Use a crawler (inflated) or floating jighead to keep the bait off the bottom. Toss out as far as you can to get into deeper water, leave your bail open and watch for the line to peel off. Some also use corn, berkly trout bait, also have seen people land trout tossing small rapalas in the evening.

Tioga pit is going good right now. A good number of several species with a fresh batch of brood stock lakers.

Small boat or from shore, a good portion of the shoreline is accessible although some is steep. As of last weekend my nephew said the brood stock lakers were swimming the shoreline and were visible from shore.

It is true the brood stocked trout are rainbows. My wrong.