• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Howdy, I'm planning a trip up to the Grand Rapids area this memorial weekend and I'm going to be staying at a house on Lake Wabana, has anyone fished this lake? or lakes attached to it (Trout Lk, ?)? Any tips? I would like to catch some walleyes, or smallies, any hot areas? Hot lures or bait? I'm a seasoned angler so mainly any areas would help.....this is a big lake by the DNR info I checked....

WE HAVE FISHED WABANA AT NITE FOR WALLEYE
FOUR OR FIVE YEARS AGO WE DID OK BUT IT WAS MUCH LATER IN THE YEAR, WE USED LINDY RIGS
AND LEECHES

North Drifter,

Check out the smallie spawning areas on all of that water. They should be up and going good at that time. Wabana has a decent population of largemouth as well. Also, while your in the Trout Lakes, you might want to give it a shot for lake trout.

------------------
Jaw Breaker Guide Service
Phone: 218 778-0087
[email protected]
http://fishtec.com/guide.htm

There is a nice batch of Walleyes ib Wabana right now just find some cabbage and stay on the edge in the deeper water as not to spook them and cast up there with a 1\8 oz jig and shiner andjig it off the edge that will get you some Walleyes and some bass too
good luck
Jason

------------------
fishing fever guide service
fishingminnesota.com/fishingfever/
phone 218-327-2191
e-mail [email protected]

I have heard that Wabana in mostly a night bite. Is there a decent bite during the day?