• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just wondering if anyone has been out chasing any stream trout or lakers in Itasca County? Walleyes ain't the only game in town this time of year ya' know!

bmc

I trolled Bluewater the edges of Bluewater w/ a tailancer tuesday morning-no luck but it was a nice morning to be out. Gonna try some other laker water and will post if I hook any becasue I'm interested in knowing if anyone is else finding any while/if they are still shallow. Good luck and tightlines!
redhooks

I'm new on Pokegama and I've heard that there are a few lakers. Anybody have ant tips how I might try for one this Memorial weekend? Where and what kind of depths and what do they like for bait/tackle?

Fished "Pit Lake" on Thursday. I was on the lake for two hours had five hits, landed two, lost two halfway to the boat and never hooked the other. Biggest was 5.5 lbs. We were trolling the 'tree line' about 30 feet of water long lining #9 Shad Raps. Pearl and yellow had three of the five strikes. Temp was 53 degrees, should have a couple weeks of flatlining left. Good luck.