• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey Guys,
Giving Bowstring a shot this year on Memorial weekend. Never fished it before. We try to move between lakes every other year or so, and this is the first on Bowstring. Lots of great lakes in the area. Although we've picked up a few tips, I thought I'd open up a conversation to see what works for the rest of you on this lake. The lake's a little larger than we normally fish and figure a different approach may be in order. Anybody biting?
Thanks to all,
Dan

There is a rock pile on the north end(I belive) that can have some fast evening action. Also there are some cribs in there if you can find them.

Hi
I will be up at bowstring also this memorial day weekend as I have for the past ten years. Let me know what you will be fishing and I could give you some tips on where to start.

Rocky,
We're fishing the "eyes", but usually switch to some crappie fishing during midday. We're staying at Bowstring shores on the NE side of the lake and am hoping that end of the lake will be producing for us. Of course, it seems we always end up fishing across the lake from where we're staying. What's up with that? The resort claims many limits have been taken from the dock which extends 160' out. Pretty steep break along that shore according to the DNR map. Thanks! Looking forward to your reply.
Dan

no need to travel fra from the shores resort . there is a couple of rock piles close to right out front of that resort . looking at the lake and look to your right and there is some decent sand areas with underwater points that hold both crappies and walleye . dont be to concerened if it seemds that your are a long ways out in the lake for humps and points on depth finder in about a straight line from the shores resort to out in front of the bowstring lodge resort and the dnr acess . best tip ,, find the 22 foot hump and fish around it

Thanks RockHard! We'll be up Friday morning and right out on the lake to scout around. We'll start close to the resort looking for those rock piles. Lots of deeper water humps on the north end. Didn't see one at 22', but at every other depth (16,18,23,etc.). We'll work them over. Any preferable presentations this time of year? Seems working deeper water is the ticket. Do you know at what depth the cribs are located? Thought that might be productive as well. Sure appreciate your tips.
Good fishing,
Dan

Humm...I just looked at my map...It seems I'm wrong about that rock..it's on the east side. One crib is on the north end and there shows several on the north east corner should be right out from where you are staying in about 32 feet. I've only fishte the one on the north end it is about 16 feet of water or so.

crappie slayer
I suppose by now it is probably to late to give you some tips for memorial day weekendas my computer was down for a few days. Shoot, I could of hooked up with you in person and gave you a map as we are staying at bowstring shores also (heading up in a little bit.)maybe I will figure out somehow who you are. If you went up friday morning already you may have already found them for me. haha. Let me know how you did and if you would still like some locations that are typically productive for this time of year. Thanks

Stoped on Bowstring this weekend..hit the rock pile one evening...Could not keep the little snot rockets off the line...I'll be we cought 20 or more of the darn things...did get some crappies and walleyes.
eyes in about 18 Ft crappie in on the crib in 15 or so and in cow bay at night..the bites we raninto were not as hot as usual for our Memoral trip but fun as always.
Man is that water low!!!

Rocky,
Sorry I missed you. We were in cabin 14 way up the hill. Pretty nice place and great people, Jerry and wife. Very helpful. The launch was a little rough and steep, but we managed. Didn't have much luck with the walleyes over the weekend, only kept 3. Northerns were crazy, must have caught 100 in the group. Crappies were it for us. Caught 10 or so right up the shore from the resort, but really hit em' down on the rock pile in 5' on Monday morning. A guy and his gal were nice enough to let us in after they filled out. Came away with 27 from 6:30 - 10:30. Nice size too. Made the trip for us. That wasn't by chance you with your gal? I was with Dad, 2 brothers, 2 brothers in law, and a cousin. Couldn't miss us.
Anyway, always looking for more tips if you got em'.
Dan