• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I recenetly purchased property on pokegama and am looking forward to doing a little fishing this spring and summer. I'm looking for any helpful hints anyone is willing to share. I enjoy fishing for most everything, especially crappie in the spring and walleye and pike whenever they'll bite. Thanks!!!

if this the one right in rapids you are speaking about ,,, it has a catchable smelt run in it . dont know much more about it thou

Welcome to pokegama!!! great multi-species lake...very good spring crappies...nice perch..walleyes are above average,big pike & muskies, also good smallie & large mouth...let me know what area you are located..i'm located near the bridge...happy to help you locate some spots...big jim

Thanks Big Jim. I'm due north of drumbeater on the big flat. I had some luck with pike and smallies last year mid and late summer off the big private beach by drumbeater but that's about it. I would love some help with wallies and crappie. If you want to talk by email, mine is [email protected].

lets not forget about the lake trout in our beloved Pokegama. They are not the easiest to find ,but once you do. In your area the walleyes are easy to pick up dragging a 3-4" chartruse floating rapala about a 3' lead and enough sinkers to drag the bottom. Do this between the group of islands that should be in clear sight of your location.Look for a sharp drop with a nice weedline and your there.Good luck.

I also have to agree that there is some very good bass action in the lake. The smallmouth are worth a whole days devotion as well.I can not get enough time on thiss lake no matter how much I get to be on it.