• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey there. I have a cabin on Balsam Lake, and don't go there during the winter. I was just curious if anyone ice fishes there.

I take it your on Big Balsam? The fishing can be good throughout the Winter with the majority of the fish being 8-10 inches in size. There's 3 different spots I like to fish out there and if you drive out from the access, go through the narrows and Get into the bigger portion of the lake you will see where people have been fishing! Easy as that.

Talked to some people about a month ago that were catching quite a few nice crappies out there but don't know if they are still biting.

lots of traffic on nice days and especially on weekends. In December when folks first started driving on the lake there were lots of people fishing and spearing. some weekdays I wouldn't see anyone and other days 10 seperate groups most of them fishing crappies.

I was just curious. I fish thgere all summer and know there are a lot of people who fish there, but didn't knoe if the traffic kept up during the winter.