• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm looking for trout streams in Itasca County and do any have easements for public access?

Thanks in advance,

David

greenman,

Get a hold of a PRIM map of Itasca County from the DNR office in Grand Rapids. I think they charge like $5.00. The trout streams will be a thick blue line. I've fished a few of them and I think you'll be surprised. Keep in mind though, that the brookies in these streams are wild fish from what DNR biologist told me, so I think it's a good idea to practice CPR on these streams. Supposedly there's only 4 year classes of fish in these streams, the one's I caught were around 9", very pretty fish. I did hear a rumor of a guy catching a 15" brookie near hill city. If yer looking for trout to eat, hit any of the put and take trout lakes around the county.

Brian

[This message has been edited by bmc (edited 03-04-2003).]