• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Alaskander, can you confirm or refute this info?

I was talking to the new owner of Fred's Bait in Deer River about lakes to find bull gills. I don't like eating gills but love fishing for them through the ice. Anyways he gave me some info. on a lake and I'd like to talk to you in private about it. Drop me an email so I can get back to you about this lake.
Thanks,
Brian

THANKS for the info. Alaskander, do I dare ask where on this lake you were catching those bulls? Or at least let me know time of day/time of year. Nothing like a 'bull gill on the old noodle rod. And who says panfish, especially monster 'gills, ain't fun?

Brian

bmc...If you go out there just remember you have to cross one lake on foot to get to the lake you want to fish. There has been some traffic out there, so look for old holes. Once your out there look for the point where the two parts of the lake come together, right off that point is the deepest water-23ft. They will either be there, or now that we are getting into March they will scatter and move into the bays so look for them in 15 ft or less.

Alaskander,

Do I have to cross "little" to get to "big" or do i access "big" by the lake to the north of it? The first day we have temps near 30, and I'm off, I'm out there. I got gill-idis BAD!

Brian

BMC..Park your truck in a little parking lot off the colorful rd and walk across the colorful lake over the portage and onto the lake. You can get a map of that are that shows you the trails, if I can find mine I will scan it and email it to you.