• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Graybuck.....
Give mtreno the scoop on Swan. Thanks

mtreno....
Thanx for the info on Cedar, if I'm close enough I'll stop and say hey. Tan Tacoma and a Green doublewide portable is my arsenel.

mtreno
fishing has been slow, some walleyes are being caught, pick a spot where a creek is flowing in and try a chub or shiner off the drop off. Most times I use a plain hook with a salmon colored bead. I suppose a glow jig would work too. I have noticed that the bite gets much tougher the later in season it gets.

Duffman
Where are you guys staying when you head to red next weekend??

used to visit this lake all the time as a kid but never fished it in the winter. was thinking of making a trip to visit and thought i would check on the fishing. any reports. swan lake in pengilly. (think thats how to spell it)

mtreno (Mike, I take it),

Yeah, the walleye fishing on Swan, late in the season, gets a little slow. It's coming to end here shortly. However, the panfish are usually biting pretty good somewhere in the area until the ice is gone (which might take until the end of May). If you must fish Swan, try the West Bay for gills and crappies. Also, you can get in touch with me when or before you come up and I should be able to steer you in the right direction for some decent ice fishing........Greg C.

------------------
Jaw Breaker Guide Service
Phone: 218 778-0087
[email protected]
http://fishtec.com/guide.htm

it's matt - toms oldest son - anyway, i would be open trying other lakes in the area. just wanted to try swan because i spent alot of time there as a kid. thinking of coming next weekend so if anyone has any thoughts let me know. thanks for your help.

mtreno....
We ended up fishing Fish Lake, was able to catch about a dozen crappies, three of which I considered keepers but let them go. Thanx for the info on Cedar though, maybe another time.

Graybuck....
Staying at the in-laws, we will probably just fish URL on Saturday. Possible trout fishing on Sun or Mon. We will see what the weather has in store for us before any final decisions.