• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

This is like the second time this has happened to me. I was up on Kremer today trout fishing and while setting up a bobber rod with a marmooska jig and a waxie, I had a 14" splake hit the 3/8 bell sinker that was right above the jig. Thank God the tiny hook found it's way home and I ended up landing it. LOL I punched like 20 holes on the east end and as usual, the last hole i cut is where I caught this one and then lost another one jigging a tiny mother of pearl swedish pimple and a waxie.

Brian

You'd be surprised what fish will take a wax worm. I was fishing lake trout on Saturday and I just decided to put a waxy down for some reason, the waxy caught a couple little ones and I caught a 5 pounder on a spoon tipped with a minnow and an added waxy (the waxy probably didn't matter, but I didn't catch any fish that day until I tipped that waxy on there, who knows?) If you aren't having the best luck of fishing, then try new things, who knows what'll work. My plan for the next big lake trout rig is a pop tab super glued to hook baited with waxies, hehe.

good fishin

Would it be rude of me to ask where you've been laker fishing? No specific areas on the lake, just which lake.
I'm thinking about hitting Caribou during the week (tues, weds, or thurs). May also walk back into Lucky and try to ice a big brownie or two.

Thanks,
Brian