• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Outlook for large perch? which lakes are producing?

All, just wondering which lakes will be producing the larger perch this winter. I have fished Round,Dixon,Dunbar,Winnie, and a few others. I still think Round will be good again this year.I would like to try others. WISMITTY

wismitty,I havent been fishing perch yet this winter but I can tell you this last fall Winnie had some real dandies in it on the open water.Another little lake that gets overlooked for big perch is Big Jay Gould right off the island there out from the landing there are some real hawgs in there and thier not that wormy. good luck
Jason Boser

------------------
fishing fever guide service
fishingminnesota.com/fishingfever/
phone 218-327-2191
e-mail [email protected]

alaskander, NO not really just your average 11 inchers once and a while. If i go crappie fishing i usually fish tthe aitkin mzcgregor area. Thanks fro the info Jason. I hav3e never fished it. Maybe this year. I am a crappie and walleye guy but love anything that is biting . After the walleye season closes i enjoy the fishing better. Less people. wismitty

It's no secret that Big Jay has big perch in it. I've fished it a few times this winter and they are nice perch out there. Make sure to move with them as the day moves on. Another lake to try is Ball Club. I have seen huge perch come out of there.

good fishin

I've heard about the big perch in both Big Jay & Big Ball Club but have never fished for perch in either one of them. Would like to give it a try. Have caught some hog perch in Big Jessie though.

Wismitty: When you come up here on a perch expedition, make sure to give me a call and I'll join you. Heading up to Whitefish Bay for some lake trout action this weekend. Guiding the next weekend.

GC

I will do that Greg. Sounds like you are going to be busy.I'll be up this weekend for the last hurrah for walleye. I'm Just looking for 1 Football sized perch for my son to mount. Wismitty

I agree with Greg. Go for Jay Gould. A guy I know caught a 14.5 incher there the other day. Monster perch out there.

good fishin

Thanks for all the info. I was up and tried a few even jay gould. All i could muster was a few 11 inchers and a lot of small stuff off of this lake but caught a few bigger on Ball club after 40 holes. I will try again a little later as i talked with a guy from Rapids and he said last ice is way better.thanks again wismitty

wismitty, I was tlking some resorts the other day and they said the perch this winter on Winnie have been the biggest batch (size wise) in alot of years.Been doing well out of High Banks Resort. Just something I thought I would pass along to you.
Jason

------------------
fishing fever guide service
fishingminnesota.com/fishingfever/
phone 218-327-2191
e-mail [email protected]