• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey bud, havent talked in awhile. Hows the panfish bite up there? Have you made your pilgrimage to Red yet? If so how did you do. Man Mille Lacs walleyes were on fire. The traffic is starting to push them out, but guys are still getting limits on atv areas.Iam thinking about coming up there in Febuary are you on any nice crappies or gills? Let me know. D-man

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/

Hi D-Man:

I've only been to URL three times this winter. Jan 1 - three of us caught 50 crappies, Jan 5 - three of us caught 13 fish (guide trip), Jan 12 - three caught 27 fish.
Crappies are averaging a pound. We did get a few 14+ inches.

I've never seen such a fickle lake in my life, as the spot can vary from day to day.
By the time you figure you're not in a good spot (after the sun sets), it's generally too late to do anything about it.

I believe the crappie population is finally getting thinned out to the point where many anglers aren't doing very well at all. Reports from several local anglers, for the last two weeks, have many people struggling out there. It's not uncommon to find anglers (groups) catching 1-4 fish a night. Some even get skunked!!

I'm still going to fish it a number of times yet this winter, as I have a few things I want to check out. Let me know exactly when you are heading up there and I'll give you what I have. Maybe even join you.

Am fishing locally this weekend as I have a guide trip on Sunday. I'll go out and fine-tune things today. Three folks from Boston that have never ice fished before. Should be fun. Will take them to a local lake that is currently producing a fair amount of crappies in the 10" range. Good action.

At the present time, I am not on any real "big" panfish, although I know where I might be able to score if I have to. Have caught some 14+" crappies on this water, this winter.

Have a good one......GC

------------------
Jaw Breaker Guide Service
Phone: 218 778-0087
[email protected]
http://fishtec.com/guide.htm

Dixon and Dunbar have been fun for me this break back to MN, Nice fish, but a couple of smaller lakes in that area were producing even larger fish if you can believe that.