• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

are the water levels going to affect the way you approach this years fishing on your favorite lake?

It already has affected my crappie fishing, cant get into a few of my better spots, too low. This season on lida I'll be going around alot of places instead over over. Just too shallow. I probably wont go to ottertail much unless water levels come up significantly Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387 home
701-261-9525 cell
[email protected]
N.P.A.A. 425
Quality Bait and Tackle, Detroit Lakes Mn
www.scenictackle.com
North Country Outdoors Radio 99.3 fm
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

The low water levels will affect my fishing because it looks like the water is too low to get my boat launched on some of the lakes (and my boat isn't that big). I had problems at the Marion Lake access last fall, and it doesn't look any better this spring. The access at Big McDonald looks pretty shallow, too...

Someone told me the other day that they were out on Otter Tail 'digging out' around the launches to address the problem, but I haven't confirmed that. The Pelican Bay access doesn't look very good...

[This message has been edited by Jarrod32 (edited 05-11-2004).]

Rain today and tomorrow- can't hurt!
Minneman, I tried to get back where I say you last spring (or was that the spring before?) and there's no way I can get my boat back there. Too low. I also almost hit some rocks that I normally driver right over on another area lake. The prop fixers might be in for a busy year!

------------------
Scoot

RodsbyEngel: custom made fishing rods

yea, scoot/dog, I also tryed to "get in" even took off the shoes and tryed to pull it in. no go...
update... we recieved "LOTS" of rain tonight!! Lots! "no wind damage"

Scoot we tried the same spot and couldn't get in, the other spot on that lake we had to get out and push the boat through a channel with a foot of water. You heading out on opener at all? Crappies are going good all over the place, we murdered them on Saturday and last night as well. Should be fun to get into some walleyes and then go after some slabs.

Fisherdog

------------------
Quality Bait & Tackle
Detroit Lakes, MN

I'm really doubtful for the weekend. If I fish at all it'll be for a brief stint on the river there in town. I've got three graduation deals on Sat so I'm definitely not going Sat. Sun. is my only shot and that's just locally here.
Did you get access by land to that point you mentioned? I'd imagine there and that other lake you spoke of from last year right before opener would be good bets right now.

------------------
Scoot

Any idea how much "Lots" is? I'm a farm-kid and I like to numbers when it comes to rain!

------------------
Scoot

Scoot,

I heard on the DL station this morning that the DL area recieved about 4" of rain last night. That should bring the lake levels up a little. Not sure what it means to farming though, might be a little rough with the run off in that sandy soil around that area.

[This message has been edited by eyehunter (edited 05-12-2004).]

The water leve is way down on my favorite lake...Lake Lida. I hit one rock with the prop last weekend..first time that has happend. I put my boat in from the landing in Maplewood last Sunday and it was really tough going. I backed in until the rear wheels of my vehicle were wet and the boat was still high and dry. I sure hope we get more rain or else I better buy a couple more props..........

little corm came up aprox 6-7". I heard between 4-5" rain fell in the lakecenter area.

Hiya,
Crystal/lizzie is pretty low too. Creek between Crystal and Franklin is basically dry. Guess the bait dealers will have to get their shiners from somewhere else this year. Will be some dinged up props on Crystal this year too I bet. Some rocks out there are real hitable if you cut the corner too sharp coming out of the access bay.

Scoot - talked to my dad last night and they had about 3.5" as of around 9:30. Came down in about 3 hours. Nice to get the rain but would have been nice if it'd been a little slower. Inch an hour is a pretty good gully washer. Little hail too I gues but nothing too serious.

Could be worse. I talked to a marina up in Kenora ON this morning and their whole crew was out shoveling out boats to keep them from sinking. 6" of snow. Yeesh shocked.gif

Cheers,
RK