• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cool cats 21

Rick G

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Will bring small grill and brats and buns and sauce. On the he calendar. Good job captain Rick. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Will be there and am working on getting some donations. 

• Thumbs Up 1

putting it on my calendar. do I need to bring the Blackstone with that day. also what time and which of the lake did you want to start on.

1 hour ago, Brad B said:

putting it on my calendar. do I need to bring the Blackstone with that day. also what time and which of the lake did you want to start on.

All I can say right now is it will be on the Chain, Cedar island, horseshoe or long....   I'm going to pound a few holes in the next couple weeks to try and find a area with a  few active fish?.  Start time will likely be 9ish, maybe a bit earlier... 

• I Like it 1

3 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

Will be there and am working on getting some donations. 

Donations are always welcome... if we get a few items, we will have a drawing

31 minutes ago, Rick G said:

All I can say right now is it will be on the Chain, Cedar island, horseshoe or long....   I'm going to pound a few holes in the next couple weeks to try and find a area with a  few active fish?.  Start time will likely be 9ish, maybe a bit earlier...

I might go out midweek and drill a few holes myself. This cold crap has me going goofy.

1 minute ago, smurfy said:

I might go out midweek and drill a few holes myself. This cold crap has me going goofy.

I hear that smurf...me tooooo?  This has been too long without fishing..I will be out Wed,  gotta drop a pole off for the Icehawk... then hit up some panfish for couple hrs.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN
23 hours ago, Rick G said:

Well seeing as nobody wants to take the reigns.... I'm gonna set a date for a small get together and see where this goes.  March 13, Richmond Mn.... 

Not sure if we will do prizes or food yet... though my offer to buy burgers and fixings still stands if we can get a grill set up lined up for sure.   

There will be no host, unless someone wants the spot. I will however provide details on ice conditions and location in the coming weeks.

If for whatever reason catfish don't work out, panfish can be found close by.   

Hats off to you Ricky for taking the lead on this ! Marked it on the Calendar hopefully I'll see some of you out there. As we talked about it the other day, if I'm available  ill help with the search hunting down a few cats for a gathering spot 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

Yea like I'm sure he needs another ice rod!???

Not just another rod a Rick G custom ? looking forward to putting a test to it real soon! Thanks a bunch Rick really appreciate the build for me !

Edited by IceHawk
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

Well let me know when you throw out one of your other ones, and extra tackle in the garbage. ? I'll go shopping.??

Edited by smurfy

I have put it on my calendar. I have a big ranch weber grill I could bring if needed just let me know. I have always wanted to go and I am looking forward to it. Thanks for setting a date and everything else. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Count Me and Ann in.  Will Bring PIE even came up with a new flavor this past summer called "Lemon Drop" also I will Bring chips and Clam dip. keep us posted thanks!!

ice is still looking good, have roughly 24inces give or take a little. Cats have been kinda tough to find in any real numbers. I have done a bit of scouting this week.  I think I might have an area pinned down that has activity... Will do a bit more scouting this weekend and into next week.

Will Have  The location posted by Mid week for sure.  Will also keep monitoring ice conditions.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 2/25/2021 at 7:44 AM, nytelyter said:

Count Me and Ann in.  Will Bring PIE even came up with a new flavor this past summer called "Lemon Drop" also I will Bring chips and Clam dip. keep us posted thanks!!

Remind me to bring tums!! Lol

so it looks like i'm gonna be bailing on the kitty GTG. my perch trip got changed to that same day due to the weather forecast and the real possibility of iffy ice at that time......was planned for march 27th. this is a real bummer........as i was really looking forward to actually meeting up face to face with a bunch of you guys.

but if i have to choose between fishing catfish over going north to the cabin and chasing perch on winnie then chasing crappies or sunfish on lakes like bowstring ....i'm heading north every time.

We got prizes!! Working on a few other things as well

• Thumbs Up 3

We are about a week and a half out yet... As of now, Ice conditions are very good holding at a little over two feet thick yet, we have about 5 inches of new snow on top of it. Hoping we don't get quite as warm and windy as they are predicting the next week as this will eat the ice quick... I will keep an eye on things and keep updated.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is the spot I have chosen...  Second pic is the 22 "winter" access.. It's located about a mile and half south  of Richmond Mn on hwy 22. 

Last pic is of the route from winter access to the Fishing spot. 

First pic is of actual spot I picked.  From my scouting missions, this seems to be the area with the most active fish.

Screenshot_20210302-073947.png

Screenshot_20210302-073905.png

Screenshot_20210302-073822.png

• Thumbs Up 4

On 3/1/2021 at 8:52 AM, smurfy said:

so it looks like i'm gonna be bailing on the kitty GTG. my perch trip got changed to that same day due to the weather forecast and the real possibility of iffy ice at that time......was planned for march 27th. this is a real bummer........as i was really looking forward to actually meeting up face to face with a bunch of you guys.

but if i have to choose between fishing catfish over going north to the cabin and chasing perch on winnie then chasing crappies or sunfish on lakes like bowstring ....i'm heading north every time.

Smurfy  bailing  again  LOL! starting to look like a steady pattern ? Really we don't bite i promise  ? you might even learn a thing or two around some of the guys attending. Seriously good luck perching hope you get into them  ?

• Thumbs Up 1

? kinda doesn't it.? I'm leaving wed next week. Who knows when I'm coming back.? like I said catfish or perch, crappies, sunfish and the cabin to boot up north not a tough decision for me.?

3 hours ago, smurfy said:

? kinda doesn't it.? I'm leaving wed next week. Who knows when I'm coming back.? like I said catfish or perch, crappies, sunfish and the cabin to boot up north not a tough decision for me.?

Its not all about the fishing it's the camaraderie, friendships, laughs, make it worth the admission ticket alone!  ?

• Thumbs Up 1

12 days of warm. Probably gonna wipe out the access. Bummer

• Thumbs Up 1

Any chance of bumping it up to this weekend?  The 13th seemed pretty arbitrary anyway.  Plus smurfy could get in some camaraderie before heading north!  Might put chaffmj in a bind though?

Personally I’d have a better chance of making it, not that it should influence any decision! ?  Besides, the area is gonna get hit this weekend anyway now that it’s posted. ?

Just my 2 dimes and a nickel.

I am now good with this happening this weekend or the originally planned 13th as I can now make either date. regardless I still might hit the chain up this weekend. have a spot over on cedar island I want to try out. 

I'd be willing to make the drive if it's held this weekend. Not sure if I'm comfortable driving out past then with the warm weather forecasted.