• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Been a fun ride

IceHawk

Good Luck to you, but am curious as to why one would feel they need to move on at all.  Share what you want when you want.  Check in daily, weekly, or monthly but sure would be nice if people just checked in occasionally to say hi and give an update to what they are seeing in the field...but if you feel it is too much I get it as we are all pulled into directions we feel our time is better spent doing.  I am not sure if I am missing something and that there are politics being played out and issues that I am not aware of, either way I will continue to check things out and post when I have something to share with everyone or help out when possible.  Take care- Ozzie

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, IceHawk said:

As many of you have probably noticed  some  of the frequent posters FM regulars with tips reports pics etc have moved on or rarely log in post anymore.  ? I'm still in contact with many of them and we still share the ice together so there all healthy and things are going well. And trust me there's still a pile of fish getting caught among  the group! Sadly I have decided I won't be contributing as much either and will be moving on. In case anyone was wondering why I haven't been active.  It's just been to hard frustrating and time consuming to try and keep things moving forward, Yes I'm still fishing and hunting a bunch just as much as usall and putting plenty of fish topside.  But after thinking things out I  have decided to put my efforts else where. Was a tough decision as I have been here for mega years! Hopefully I have helped some of you out with some of my tips and knowledge,  maybe some of my reports let you become part of my adventures, maybe I gave you a laugh or two! ? Just wanted to say Thanks ! To all of you for being a big part of my life for many years. I 've learned alot here shared some laughs  and have made many friends over the years. And trust me I  have learned alot from all of you if not through fishing, through conversations, friendships etc. Hopefully I still run into a few of you out on the lake, if so please come over and say Hi! Hopefully you all keep things rolling as best as you can. Tight lines to everyone ?

take care bud........but that suxs!!!!!!!!?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN
2 hours ago, Mike89 said:

good luck to ya!!  

Thanks MIke hope to see you at a decoy show in the future!

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

take care bud........but that suxs!!!!!!!!?

Thanks Smurf!

1 hour ago, ozzie said:

Good Luck to you, but am curious as to why one would feel they need to move on at all.  Share what you want when you want.  Check in daily, weekly, or monthly but sure would be nice if people just checked in occasionally to say hi and give an update to what they are seeing in the field...but if you feel it is too much I get it as we are all pulled into directions we feel our time is better spent doing.  I am not sure if I am missing something and that there are politics being played out and issues that I am not aware of, either way I will continue to check things out and post when I have something to share with everyone or help out when possible.  Take care- Ozzie

I'll try and explain myself . There were know politics involved at all that I can assure. It's more of a frustration time dedication thing for me. It's not as I was just a member I've been pro-staff Administration in charge of fishing clubs etc for many years 20 years is a long time. Things have slowly slid S IMO we lost to many of the members with experiance and dedication over the years.  My vision and where I was hoping things were going didnt happen and I tried hard. Ozzie your a longtime member sure you remember how things use to be honestly things just aren't what they use to be for me here. The we have more fun is gone IMO, no gatherings get togethers anymore and when there was very little participation anymore very little posts and detailed fishing reports etc.. Look at some of the new products out there this year was there any talk of the 24 v live scope, New Marcum , vex 30, new lures, rods I could go on and on very little from what I saw. Sad but this is what kept me interested.  I have used and own alot of this stuff and similar  products, but honestly it's a little draining to always feel like the guy trying to get conversations started with this and other stuff. and then when one was started very little would be added. IMO to many members were lurking.  It takes some time to be very detailed and type up some of these reports.    And as much as I fish I was starting to feel like  my steady  reports may have  seemed a little arrogant to some but defiantely wasn't my intention or who I am. I just have a passion for the sport!!! I'm not your weekend warrior who goes twice a season. Not that I won't be checking in time to time  but figured it was time to invest my time efforts in some other venues forums  and let some others take over the leadership roles. Hope this explains things better!

Edited by IceHawk
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 2

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Anyone wants to get my number to keep in contact or fish together sometime feel free to shoot me a PM and we will get her done ?

• Thumbs Up 1

Tough to see you go @IceHawk.  I never did get to add you to the long list of members I have met over the years.  I think we could’ve had a good amount of duck talk to cover.

This site does take more commitment to be involved with than FB groups if that’s where you’re headed off to.  An average post here is long winded over there.  It’s nothing more than quick hits, drop some pics and be gone - with a ton of sarcasm and nitpicking in between.  At least that’s been my experience.  I have to figure there’s other platforms out there you’re involved with and I’m sure you’ve established great credibility.  I’m just not that worldly in social media honestly. 

I hear ya on the absence of new tech talk here.  Most of my info comes from other sources and I could banter on about electric augers, the differences between Helix 7, MX7 and Vex 30bb, along with probably getting in too deep over Livescope.  Honestly we’re not a bunch of early adopters left here and that’s probably the biggest reason you’re not seeing the info.  Easy to feel like you’re bragging if nobody else is posting it either.  BUT I’ll bet a lot of members DO have some of the new gear.

I won’t go into the topic of GTG’s.  Too many dynamics there in my mind.

Best to you in the future!  Maybe see ya out there some day...

• Thumbs Up 3

IceHawk

OutdoorMN Sr Family

Official Fishing Report Team - MN

2,860 posts

Author

Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Posted 1 hour ago (edited)

3 hours ago, Mike89 said:

good luck to ya!!  

Thanks MIke hope to see you at a decoy show in the future!

yup it would be good to see ya the shows!!  but I'm thinking no show this spring again...

• Thumbs Up 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
8 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Tough to see you go @IceHawk.  I never did get to add you to the long list of members I have met over the years.  I think we could’ve had a good amount of duck talk to cover.

This site does take more commitment to be involved with than FB groups if that’s where you’re headed off to.  An average post here is long winded over there.  It’s nothing more than quick hits, drop some pics and be gone - with a ton of sarcasm and nitpicking in between.  At least that’s been my experience.  I have to figure there’s other platforms out there you’re involved with and I’m sure you’ve established great credibility.  I’m just not that worldly in social media honestly. 

I hear ya on the absence of new tech talk here.  Most of my info comes from other sources and I could banter on about electric augers, the differences between Helix 7, MX7 and Vex 30bb, along with probably getting in too deep over Livescope.  Honestly we’re not a bunch of early adopters left here and that’s probably the biggest reason you’re not seeing the info.  Easy to feel like you’re bragging if nobody else is posting it either.  BUT I’ll bet a lot of members DO have some of the new gear.

I won’t go into the topic of GTG’s.  Too many dynamics there in my mind.

Best to you in the future!  Maybe see ya out there some day...

What's a Vex 30bb? Never heard of it? I need to pay more attention to this site! ?

I know exactly what your feeling Chris, and don't blame you a bit. I still pop in from time to time to see mothergoose's trophys and have a good laugh to break the day up on break at work. But to put time and effort in a detailed fish report, tackle review, or even chit chat isn't my game plan around here anymore.

Helping with contributing to contests, helping with GTG's, Fishing Report Club, sorry we tried, we really have been left high and dry. Time for new blood to step up and put their time in. My last post was censored, past ones have been edited as a play game by admin, so I moved on. 

It's almost comical now what's left here for content ?.

@Wandererthere are great reports on FB if you know where to look. Corey, a not long ago member and his friends are alive and well with....    "What's Working Now"

• Thumbs Up 4

if anyone wants to know how censored it was, its me. i try my best to post fishing trips and adventures and in various other threads just to jump start them....especially in the food threads. 

my trouble, even though i grew up in richmond and still live in cold spring 99% of my hunting and fishing is up in itasca county so giving reports around this area is not much. pathetic i know......still havent been on any local lakes......maybe after this next trip north.........hopefully ice gets thicker to drive out.

i do know one thing even though i didnt real add much value to this areas threads i sure enjoyed all the guys that did post things...even learned some. like Ozzie said i dont and wont do facebook. i sure hope you guys reconsider. i did go to a few G-T-G'S  but that was before i got to know some of you's better.

• Thumbs Up 1

@IceHawk I will stay in touch and the things I learn from you and the St. Cloud crew was awesome.

2 hours ago, IceHawk said:

RundRave really like to join you sometime in SD to do a little pheasant hunting your intel from out there and pics have always kept smile on my face 

Your welcome to join me anytime. I still hunt and fish with a lot of the same guys that no longer frequent FM or HSO

I have reduced a lot of my content also because it’s not worth the hassle to type up detailed reports or stories any more so I know exactly how you feel.

I have a good network via PM’s and reports that my circle doesn’t share on the forums etc. I’m not in Facebook either but my PM’s are always open lol

sure do miss the glory days on these forums.

• Thumbs Up 3

The problem with FaceBook is that you have to post your name and show pictures of yourself for all to see.  That's why some folks like it on these forums because the shady and criminals can stay incognito. ? ? 

• Wow, ❤ 1
  • Yayyyy 3

6 hours ago, leech~~ said:

The problem with FaceBook is that you have to post your name and show pictures of yourself for all to see.  That's why some folks like it on these forums because the shady and criminals can stay incognito. ? ? 

That explains a lot !!???

• Yayyyy 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Brings tears to my eyes but Ì do understand Chris. God bless you.

Thank you for all you've done and shared. 

Much respect my friend.

I do hope you stop in here often. FM is you.

Sux that you are leaving... but I really do understand where your coming from... I don't post very much myself anymore... but will be back again...after all this place I still consider HOME!   Best wishes in future endeavors...and see you on the ice, bud?

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, leechlake said:

Leaving??? I just came on here to check out some fishing tips from some super anglers. Is there still a cooking site because I have a nice gently used box fan in case Smurf needs to clear the smoke out if he makes pin pricked hard boiled eggs before heading to that nudist colony! ?

Well looks like your still the same! You still have that cabin in the swamp off Leech Lake? ?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1