• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

anyone know if there is a big difference between these two? I understand that lawn/garden are pretty much lawnmower/ summer   use, and power sport are for utv/atv/snowmobile/ winter use. 

I don’t think there is a big difference except if you look at CCAs, cold cranking amps, as I think you may need more CCAs for the UTV.  Most likely you’ll be fine.  Sounds like they may have sold you a less expensive battery, but I’m not sure. Most L and G batteries are less expensive from what I’ve seen. 

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, opsirc said:

Took my cub utv in for service, they replace battery.  Put in a lawn and garden one. 

Ah...

I happened to be wondering that myself yesterday when I picked up a new battery for my 4 wheeler.  The one I turned in was a 15 AGM with 220 cca.

They didn’t have any 15’s but had 14’s and 16’s in AGM.  The 14 was the same physical size and correct battery post configuration at 210 cca.  The 16’s would’ve worked but were twice the price with inverted posts.  I took the 14.  I think I ruined my old AGM by using a standard charger on it.  You should use an AGM charger on AGM batteries.

Both batteries were in the same looking EXIDE box...

• Thumbs Up 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
33 minutes ago, Dash 1 said:

I don’t think there is a big difference except if you look at CCAs, cold cranking amps, as I think you may need more CCAs for the UTV.  Most likely you’ll be fine.  Sounds like they may have sold you a less expensive battery, but I’m not sure. Most L and G batteries are less expensive from what I’ve seen. 

Agreed.  It really doesn't matter what the sticker name on the side of the battery says. It's all in the ratings of Cranking Amps (CA), Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) and Reserve Capacity (RC). Just match what you had in it to what they gave you and it should be rated the same or higher would be better. Things on the sticker like Heavy Duty and High Power mean nothing! Power sport batteries cost more because of the rig they came out of costs more.  

Edited by leech~~