• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I saw that today.   I grew up reading everything the Linders wrote.  RIP Ron.

• Thumbs Up 2
Wanderer

That’s news that just makes me say wow... like it wasn’t ever going to happen to one of the legends.

Yes, RIP Sir, and thank you for what you’ve done in you career.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

RIP Ron...he had a great run and he helped provide many great moments for me.

God bless and prayers sent!

• Thumbs Up 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• smurfy
      By smurfy
      My wife just seen in Facebook that a vehicle went through on norway lake by willmar. Said it went through in the area of 189 st?? In about 10 ft of water.
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      By LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  Walleyes and saugers sliding into a bit deeper water with 26-30 feet being where most are fishingl  Good numbers of fish continue to be caught with a lot of sorting the future small fish in the system and choosing just the right ones for a fish fry.  Make some noise!  Jigging with lures with a rattle or vibration has been effective in both catching and attracting fish.  Use your second line, use as a deadstick, a jig or plain hook with a live minnow under a bobber set at 6 inches to a foot off of the bottom.  Electronics are helpful to show fish, how they are reacting to your presentation and when they are suspended.  Popular lure colors... gold, glow red, glow white, pink and green.  Nice numbers of walleyes over 28 inches caught this week. Walleyes, saugers, jumbo perch, big pike, tullibees, eelpout and even an occasional crappie or sturgeon being caught on Big Traverse Bay.
      On the Rainy River...   Ice fishing on areas of the river continues to produce some walleyes mornings and evenings. As ice conditions vary greatly on the river as there is moving water, we encourage guests who don't know the river to work through a resort for safety.  The snowmobile trail on the river from Baudette to Wheeler's Point to the NW Angle is open.
      Up at the NW Angle...  With the border closure, there are four ways to travel to the NW Angle without crossing the border.  1.  NW Angle Guest Ice Road is open!  2.  Snowmobile trails across the lake are open.  3.  Lake of the Woods Passenger Service (bombardier).  4.  Lake Country Air.
      Walleyes, saugers and jumbo perch with an occasional pike, eelpout, or tullibee in the mix up at the NW Angle.  22-27' has been the goto depth for most anglers.  No surprise, pink and gold have been hot colors, a LOW favorite with the stained waters.  Communicate with your favorite NW Angle resort for specifics.  

• Remi
      By Remi
      I just won a ice castle fish house/rv edition and am wondering if anyone uses their flush toilets in them, and if so where do you dump at?  
    • opsirc
      By opsirc
      I have been making trips for the past 16 years, but this last one was our worst ever.  Friend and I were up Thursday to Saturday. We started about 6 miles out on Thursday in 30fow. graphed very few fish, and the ones we did would not bite, we did manage to get one eye 26 1/2 inches and one keeper. So Friday we moved out past 7 miles on the outskirts of most others.  Luck did not change, stay pretty much the same as Thursday, did get one 20 inch eye. There were alot of houses but could not tell if anyone was catching anything. watch a couple of trucks try to cross over a pressure ridge. first one got hung up. the second one took a running start, look like both the truck and house caught air. turned out to be the funniest part of trip. anyone fair any better this past few days?
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      By LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  Good numbers of walleyes and saugers are being caught this week, but a lot of sorting as lots of small fish in the system  Most ice fishing is taking place between 23 - 31'.  Jigging one line on one line and using a bobber with a live minnow on the other is the goto strategy.  Electronics are helpful to show suspended fish coming through such as walleyes and tullibees.  Popular colors... gold, glow red, glow white, pink and orange.  Lures with a red light stick and rattle baits are also effective.  Some big walleyes over 28 inches caught this week. Walleyes, saugers, jumbo perch, big pike, tullibees, eelpout and even an occasional crappie being caught on Big Traverse Bay.
      On the Rainy River...   Ice fishing on areas of the river continues to produce some walleyes mornings and evenings. Ice conditions vary greatly on the river as there is moving water.  Work through a resort for safety.  
      Up at the NW Angle...  With the border closure, there are four ways to travel to the NW Angle without crossing the border.  1.  NW Angle Guest Ice Road (opening end of week).  2.  Snowmobile trails across the lake are open.  3.  Lake of the Woods Passenger Service (bombardier).  4.  Lake Country Air.
      Angle ice fishing continues to be very good with numbers of walleyes being caught.  Walleyes, saugers and jumbo perch with an occasional pike, eelpout, or tullibee in the mix this week.  Ice fishing taking place in 20-26'.  Communicate with your favorite NW Angle resort for specifics.  

• knoppers
      By knoppers
      I bought a cabin on hand lake this year, and was woundering if there are any ice fishing reports for the area? I noticed that there are not any reports for this area for a long time, maybe thats a good sign, as its all secret. I was located in palisade, and just moved here this year, looking for general info, nothing specific.
      I can say the ice seems good, if you stay away from the slush.
    • Eyesniper
      By Eyesniper
      Curious to hear what others are using or have had success when carrying their ice auger on a snowmobile. Currently my wheeler is in for a rebuild so time to set up the snowgo. As of now my best thought is a digger mounted on the front bumper to give  the auger a smoother ride. 
    • Dal72ice
      By Dal72ice
      Leech Lake.  I am wondering what to expect.  I think I might go out on Boy bay using the public landing on Sugar Point.  First are there any safety concerns, ice conditions to worry about, Landing safe?  Second what can I expect for fish? Kind of looking for some nice panfish during the day and a stray walleye or two towards evening
    • cartway
      By cartway
      ...that the DNR can enter my ice shack without a mask on. Also take my license from my hand and hand it back to me without any sanitation. Has anyone else had this experience ? 
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      By LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  A great week of walleye and sauger action on Lake of the Woods.  Most ice fishing is taking place between 23 - 28'.  Jigging one line and using a bobber with a live minnow on the other is the go to strategy.  Popular colors this week... gold, glow, glow red, pink and orange.  A lot of small fish to sort through to find keepers.  Some big walleyes from 28 - 32 inches caught this week.  A mix of walleyes and saugers with jumbo perch, big pike, tullibees and eelpout being caught as a rule.
      On the Rainy River...   Ice fishing on the river continues to be good overall.  Mornings and evenings are producing the best walleye action. Ice conditions vary greatly on the river as there is moving water.  Work through a resort for safety.  
      Up at the NW Angle...  With the border closure, there are four ways to travel to the NW Angle without crossing the border.  1.  NW Angle Guest Ice Road (open soon).  2.  Snowmobile trails across the lake are open.  3.  Lake of the Woods Passenger Service (bombardier).  4.  Lake Country Air.
      Angle ice fishing has been excellent with good numbers of walleyes being caught.  Walleyes, saugers and jumbo perch with an occasional pike, eelpout, or tullibee is what anglers will see.  Most fishing taking place in 20-26'.  Communicate with your favorite NW Angle resort for specifics.  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• fishingstar
      I also have gotten a shipment the last two years from Amped outdoors. Also got a lithium battery from them.
    • smurfy
      My wife just seen in Facebook that a vehicle went through on norway lake by willmar. Said it went through in the area of 189 st?? In about 10 ft of water.
    • monstermoose78
      No puppies the vet and breeder are looking into why. 
    • tview
      I have been Getting Jigs from Amped Outdoors IN 4,5mm and 6mm the 6mm has a bigger hook which I also like!!!
    • monstermoose78
      I just can’t stop buying jigs. I really like jigs with larger hooks for their size. I like sportsman direct tungsten jigs as they run bigger hooks. Where are you all getting your jigs and why? 
    • CJH
      I was up last weekend, fished Fri + Sat and we did alright.  I think we were in 28ft of water.  First day it was all jigging, second day 50/50 jig to deadstick.  Average size, etc..... really had to work at it though, no real pattern we could figure out.   With all the pressure last year, I expected the fishing to be impacted moving forward.  I wouldn't mind if they lowered limits moving forward to be honest.
    • Influenza
      Some of the weekend parties are pretty amusing.  I feel like the commentators from MST3K with some of the shenanigans. When I see trucks driving 50mph across the lake grinds my gears though.  No respect for the ice.
    • Better Than Working!
      Desperate is one word you can use! I can think  of several more that are probably more accurate!
    • gimruis
      Lol now that is desperate
    • Duckhunt
      House was new in spring 2018. Spray foamed top to bottom. Extremely Light weight, all aluminum construction 1300-1400 pounds. You can easily pull with atv. with little tongue weight. Foldable and removable bunk, we used a cot for 2nd bed. -6 catch covers w/ sleeves -Nuway furnace, needs no electricity to operate manually, also hooked up to thermostat -12V low amp draw circulating fans -30A 115v to 12VDC power converter/battery charger with gen/power hookup -battery box with 12VDC-115v inverter, and battery meter (newer 31 battery negotiable) - LED hole light and beverage holder above every hole -LED interior and porch lights -Tv/dvd combo on swing wall mount -Pioneer stereo with 4 speakers -Loose spare tire (white steel rim) -Window Air Conditioner This house can go all weekend on a single battery without a generator. No exterior damage anywhere, tires great. Looking to possibly upgrade. Located 20 miles north of Rapids. Thanks!  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.