• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trout, Snow, and Frozen Lakes

What’s the status of small lakes in the arrowhead? I’m going to Grand Marais this weekend, and the forecast looks pretty miserable ? I have a feeling I’m going to be busting through ice to launch my boat. But is it at all possible that some of these little designated trout lakes could be locked up completely? 

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

They could be but you know if some of the bigger ones and those should be good maybe.

Splake lakes are prime now if they are open

I’m leaving the boat home...forecast just sucks up there for the weekend! I’m going to find out the hard way if I indeed patched the leak in my waders ? I’m just going hop from lake to lake, and hope the ice won’t be a problem. 

Good luck I heard a report today lots of lakes are frozen

Spinning tackle. 

I wonder if anyone tried ice fishing on any of the lakes that had frozen on Saturday? I would imagine the ice would be 4 or more inches, with the night time temps getting into the low teens every night.

21 hours ago, JBMasterAngler said:

Spinning tackle. 

I wonder if anyone tried ice fishing on any of the lakes that had frozen on Saturday? I would imagine the ice would be 4 or more inches, with the night time temps getting into the low teens every night.

Today would be your last day to try JB.  Next time up is Winter opener in January.

I bet it would be good!

Never iced trout lakes in oct. I broke ice to make spots to reel trout in.

Edited by monstermoose78

I was breaking lots of ice to make my way along shorelines...was worried the ice would cut my waders. That silver rainbow, I caught out of Kimball...I was actually casting onto the ice, and he hit right after it plopped into the water.

• Thumbs Up 2