• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Not sure how thick it is first hand, but we read reports of 18". Drove by today and there were tandem axle wheel houses pulled by pickups. Would like to read more replies to this. 

• Thanks 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

The snow is not bad but there is some slush. Ice about 17-18 from what I heard and 3-4 inches of white ice. I have not been on knife this year.

• Thanks 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Welcome to FM @MJA.

Let us know how it goes. Take some pics too brah!

• Thumbs Up 1

I was out there yesterday with the wife, kids and the in-laws. Like moose said, the ice was about 17 to 18 inches but the top 3-4 inches was white ice. The slush wasn’t too bad. I was able to drive out with my GMC Sierra 1/2 ton and could basically drive everywhere, went slow and was careful to avoid bigger drifts. Fishing was slow, all we were able to catch were 5 to 7 inch perch. The ice should get better this week with the cooler temps coming.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

I can't speak to Knife, I was on Ripple, and Shakopee Sat. and Sunday. Ice was in excellent shape, a guy even pulled a wheelhouse out on Shakopee about 2:30 yesterday.  I atv'd the whole time, but there was plenty of truck traffic both days. Ice was a solid 22/25' all over. The landing at Shakopee was a watery, flooding mess late yesterday.  There was also still vehicle traffic on Ann lake off 47 as of late Fri.

I personally would no longer drive a vehicle on any Aitken area lakes, but atv's, and certainly foot travel should be good for the next week.

Fishing was excellent both days.

• Thanks 1

Ok thanks a lot knife should be simliar to Ann I am thinking but you never know

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I was on Ann and about crapped my pants when my truck dropped down a foot on the old road. I am done driving my truck out.

• Thanks 1