• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Rick

OutdoorMN News - Meeker County Groundwater Atlas now available

Rick

The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources has published the Meeker County Groundwater Atlas. This Part B atlas covers groundwater conditions and sensitivity to pollution. It expands on Part A, the geologic atlas previously published by the Minnesota Geological Survey. 

The atlas can be used to help identify viable water sources, evaluate supply, identify recharge sources and flow, manage sustainability, guide decisions for well and septic system construction, assist in well head protection for public water supply and assess pollution sensitivity.

The atlas is available online and in printed form:

• OnlineMeeker County Groundwater Atlas. The webpage includes GIS files and PDFs of the report and maps. The GIS folder includes GIS files and associated metadata as well as an ArcMap file that displays the data as shown on the published maps. It also includes hyperlinks to image files of the published cross sections. For Part A and other completed counties, consult the County Atlas Status List.
  • Paper copies: The geologic and groundwater atlases can be purchased from Minnesota Geological Survey Map Sales, 612-626-2969.

Partial funding for this project was provided by the Minnesota Environment and Natural Resources Trust Fund and the Clean Water Fund. For more information on the program, visit the County Groundwater Atlas website at mndnr.gov/groundwatermapping.

Discuss below - to view set the hook here.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• back bay
      muskies - thanks - I think we are gonna stay in either lost bay or the brule - depending on where there are spots available when we get up there.  Any mainstays up there you can clue me in on as far as reefs go?  I see a few on the charts that meet the criteria but don't know if they are worthwhile and many are not named on the chart I was looking at.   If its closely guarded secret I understand.  Just trying to learn about a different style of fishing since the bays probably wont produce anything worthwhile by the time we get there.
    • smurfy
      Back at ya!!!👍 pretty warm on for sure.
    • Falconheart
      The Buhl pit lake at the end of the downtown one has a nice boat launch area and dock. Stubler lake across from campground has two fishing docks but no launch Mott put in Mt Irin has a boat launch  than there’s the another in Hibbing but don’t know the name
    • Muskies
      Chubs mostly...depending on the day and conditions. Always good to bring crawlers and leeches to try also.
    • tacklejunkie
      OK, I’ll give my report and see if anybody else has anything to say.    Headed out last Wednesday to Fish Lake. Just some bluegill and little perch and a couple of outside the slot walleye.  Then when evening came, switch from crawlers and spinners to leeches and spinners and picked up four walleye.  Three of them were within the slot.   Anywhere from 8 to 14 feet of water. A lot of recreation on the lake and it seemed the fishing for walleyes picked up later in the evening.    Just covering water on the flats and edges of weeds
    • ManBearPig
      Thank you for your reply Muskies!   Knowing now that there was a bug hatch going on during my last trip, as I suspected, I don't feel quite as bad about my fishing skills.   I'm  really looking forward to our end of July/early August trip.  This camping/fishing trip will be with  and old friend  that I've know since grade school days.  However, the last time that we camped together was in the BWCA about 40 years ago.  My plan has been to fish the mid-lake humps with crawlers on bottom bouncer/spinner rigs or just using jigs.  Now that you mentioned minnows, I may try to bring some of those as well.  As you using Fatheads on the jigs in late July?
    • Muskies
      Good morning Erik If you want to fish in July and August, the reefs are a good choice. I also look for shelves along side islands. The info received from the local people is correct. Use your electronics to find active fish. If you don’t see any fish move to a new spot. Once you find them a jig and minnow is a great choice. Good luck when you cone back.
    • Muskies
      Hello manbearpig, You were out in the middle of bug hatch...finally finishing up now. When you come back in late July try locate reefs in the 20-30 foot mark and you should have some luck. If you look at a map there are many in the area you were camping. I prefer using a jig and minnow as my go to but have  used different techniques over the years...depending on what the fish want. Hope you enjoyed your time on the lake.
    • PRO-V
    • FishinCT
      There’s a video on youtube of someone finding a sunken boat with side imaging. That’s what it looked like

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.