• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Need Help: Tournament Advice For Pokegama/snake/cross Chain

Hi, am q 15 year old high school angler and I urgently need advice for the Pokegama, Snake, Cross chain of lakes for bass. We have only had time to prefish it once and it was awful. I am not going to wreck your favorite spot, heck I'm never going to fish this lake again unless I have another tourney. I know alot of you arent super big on bass, so I'll go catch em for you of you tell me where they're at. I really need this to help me advance to state.

Thanks

Matt

Again, not looking to wreckk anybodies spot. I would appreciate any advice you have.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Never fished it for bass but caught some fishing the weed line around the island.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Come on guys.. let's make this place great again. I know some of you are lurking. If you really want to have a valuable place to visit besides facebook...join in. Help your fellow friends out.

I’d love to help but I’ve never fished it.

Since the bass should be in summer patterns now my go to move would be to the docks with an 1/8 - 1/4 jig and craw if a tourney was was riding on it.  Otherwise I’d get on the weed line and fire cast after cast with a crank bait till I made contact.  Then slow down and see if a good school is there with drop baits.

Edited by Wanderer
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone. I've heard a bit from other sources about the river 8n between being good too.

• Thumbs Up 1

If there’s a bridge or bridges on the river, try those.  I won a tourney on Tetonka once under the bridge over the Cannon River leaving Tetonka.  Basically held ground in the current downstream and casted a Florida rigged worm back upstream under the bridge.  2 limits.  My kicker to win did come from a dock later on.  

So I guess I can’t really give the bridge ALL the credit! ?

• Thumbs Up 1