• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Another Pb

eyeguy 54

Nice fish. It's interesting that the DNR released a statement yesterday encouraging anglers to release big gills, because they are the males defending the nests. Maybe that's common knowledge, but I always assumed the big ones were the females.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

we think this one is a male from the color on top pic and size of the ear flap. But not 100% sure. middle pic colors look more like female but cameras can be tricky on colors. great plan to release the bigger fish.  pass on those genetics. Caught tonnage this week and didn't put the knife to any. :) 

• Thumbs Up 2

All went back... big ones, really big ones and huge ones... all were released? funny thing was we really didnt catch many small ones. I think i got maybe a dozen fish under 8 inches in 9hrs of fishing

20190613_174221.jpg

20190613_135757.jpg

20190613_124536(3).jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, eyeguy 54 said:

we think this one is a male from the color on top pic and size of the ear flap. But not 100% sure. middle pic colors look more like female but cameras can be tricky on colors. great plan to release the bigger fish.  pass on those genetics. Caught tonnage this week and didn't put the knife to any. :) 

Sweet. Could you imagine getting into a school of big ones like that while ice fishing with ultralight gear?  Maybe you've actually done it - but I just have to dream.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

cool vid @Rick G  

No... whats really cool is the fact we were on true trophy size fish... and never kept one... not even the big one you got. I know plenty of folks who would have mounted that one, and you tossed it back without a moments hesitation or regret after. Good job, dude!

• Thumbs Up 3

I take it this was on lake 99,999 Lake X again? ?

2 hours ago, leech~~ said:

I take it this was on lake 99,999 Lake X again? ?

Nope... Hardrives pond.... paddled all the way up river to get there?

• Yayyyy 1

You were supposed to keep it a secret!

• Yayyyy 1

I was gonna lie and say lake george

• Thumbs Up 1