• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

My son and I do a camping trip up the Sawbill in the fall and I usually fish some of the lakes like 4 mile, Wilson, Crescent and Toohey.

I am looking for recommendations on some others like Cascade.

Is this a lake you can use a motor on or is it just to rocky to motor around?

We do a lot of C&R and enjoy catching Smallmouth and Walleys but want to have a  change of screnery.

Any thing anyone can share about Cascade? Don't want your spots but if you have danger area's that would be appreciated.

No problems on random travel on Cascade , and yes it can put out a good bite on the walleyes at times ,but few if any Smallmouth to be had there . There is a nice public access. Would be a nice change of scenery too if your getting burnt out on Crescent ... as for places to try I would keep it basic and target shoreline breaks early season and small humps , which there are quite a few of , in mid summer , and back to shore breaks in fall .Getting  back to Crescent , I had some great bites there using 1/8oz pearl white jigs in the fall.  get um !

Edited by Bigfatbert
Forgot something

Cascade is a nice little lake. No smallmouths in there. Supposedly a decent walleye lake. Crescent is a much better walleye lake. Two Island would be the best choice. Very good walleye lake, and full of big smallies. Also plenty of rocks to take out a lower unit. Devil Track is full of little walleyes. Bass fishing isn’t as good as it used to be, but still plenty to catch.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all!

I am really just looking for a little scenery change and new place to explore.

Will let you know later in summer how it works out.

Mark