• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Jeremy Inouye

Carburetor Bolt Stripped

Question

Jeremy Inouye

I have the SOLO 142 lazor mag tecumseh motor and The lower bolt to hold my Carburetor is stripped out so the carb will not bolt tight to the body of the auger.  My question is what can I do to get it to bolt up tight again.  I am having trouble with the way it idles and runs as well.  It seems to want to bog down then run and bog again, and its really bad when I throttle it.  It acts like it wants to die out..   What can be wrong with the way it runs?   have tried new gaskets and cleaning it out but still seems to run rough.

4 answers to this question

leech~~

Welcome to the forum.

You might try taping the hole to the next size up or some JB weld. Those little carbs don't have to be to over tight. They just need a good seal to work right like any carb.

Good Luck.

• Thumbs Up 2

cam7069

Put a little yamabond  4 on both sides of the gasket that will help seal it up if you cant get the bolt to snug up . Just remember to let it sit for an hour or so to let it set up good.

papadarv
11 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Welcome to the forum.

You might try taping the hole to the next size up or some JB weld. Those little carbs don't have to be to over tight. They just need a good seal to work right like any carb.

Good Luck.

@leech~~ is right on. Engine will not run well with one Carb bolt missing. Putting any (goop) on gasket won't hold up as vibration will loosen a single bolt. Measure the hole depth, clean with solvent (acetone, alcohol, etc.), either drill/tap to next size up or fill hole with JB Weld, allow at least 72 hours to cure JB Weld than drill/tap with bottom tap same size. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Jeremy Inouye

I will take it apart and see what I can get done.   Tank you everyone for the input it was very helpful.   

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• delcecchi
      For Vermilion, the Lowrance lake insight data is identical to Lakemaster, 3 foot contours.
    • delcecchi
      Maybe you should check the various sites that sell mapping stuff?   What is the Lowrance offering?   Is there a different Navionics choice?
    • Bucketcastle
      You're correct trumy.  I just posted this on that page.  Thank you.
    • Bucketcastle
      Hi everyone, I will be heading to Echo Lake, in the superior national Forest, the middle of June.  Never been there, but the small amount I found on this site says it's a good fishing lake.  Does anyone have past experience on this lake?  I'm targeting walleye mostly, but Pike and crappie are always on my menu.  Are there any lure colors that have worked well for you?  I'm mostly a live bait fisherman.  Any presentations that worked well?  Any advice will be greatly appreciated with this lake, and I will report back how it went/what worked.  Thank you everyone.
    • trumy
      The echo I'm thinking of is by crane lake that's where I would post my questions 
    • mulefarm
      Any action out there today?
    • Borch
      May want to post this in the BWCA, Duluth.... regional forum.  You may get more responses there as that's the area the lake is in.   Goid Luck!
    • Mike89
      sad world, no one's word is any good any more cause of the bad ones..............................
    • PRO-V
      I brought a notarized letter from their mother and they required it back when I did it. The other documents prove who he is but not whether the father is spiriting him away.
    • Bucketcastle
      Hi everyone, I will be heading to Echo Lake, in the superior national Forest, the middle of June.  Never been there, but the small amount I found on this site says it's a good fishing lake.  Does anyone have past experience on this lake?  I'm targeting walleye mostly, but Pike and crappie are always on my menu.  Are there any lure colors that have worked well for you?  I'm mostly a live bait fisherman.  Any presentations that worked well?  Any advice will be greatly appreciated with this lake, and I will report back how it went/what worked.  Thank you everyone.