• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Dtro - New Minnesota State Record Lake Sturgeon

ozzie

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Post the story if you can find it?  

• Thumbs Up 1

Made Kare11 and I recognized the name from being on the forum the last 6 years. What an awesome fish!!!! The man definitely puts his time in! Congratulations!

Startribune has a great story on this including link to the Youtube video of it getting caught!  Caught/measured/released.  Perfect!!!  My hat's off to this guy.

http://www.startribune.com/78-inch-120-pound-sturgeon-landed-after-putting-up-a-fight-on-the-st-croix/505809542/

I think that might be bigger than the one I caught in Lake George last summer...

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Verified New Minnesota State Record Lake Sturgeon caught ice fishing on the St. Croix River.

Congrats to our very own Darren Troseth the new record holder and our friend John Kimble who was invaluable throughout the process of landing this monster.

78" long, beating the previous record by 5 inches, and estimated at 120 lbs.

IMG_20190211_144753.thumb.jpg.ae3325c6e912a0c96651ef6e49cd4984.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Don't forget to remember the rod, line, lure and rest of equipment you used and that you were eating JohnsonVille brats when you caught it. You know, more sponsors! ?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

9 hours ago, DTro said:

Although I said I think i'm done Ice fishing in the video, I know there are bigger ones out there and guess who was out on the ice until midnight  again last night.  :)

WOW !!!!! Nice fish Darren! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy and an excellent fisherman! John great job on your end also!