• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing Minnesota Cool Cats Get Together 2019 ***cancelled***

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Good hearing from you again and hope you can make it up.  Seems like lake travel is starting to improve.  Hope mother nature cooperates. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Borch

• eyeguy 54

• smurfy

• mrpike1973

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry but the event is cancelled due to deep snow with no access the fishing spots.   Mark your calendars for March 2nd.  Usually from sunrise to whenever.   I will wait to post a location c

I was seeing that at home today and there were/are a TON of road closures south of the Cities.  Our snow hasn’t even had much opportunity to melt and set up.  So much powder and then these huge winds.

Sorry Royce, just had to!  They do sound good though.

Posted Images

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
eyeguy 54

you thinking same area as last year? Maybe @Rick G @IceHawk and I can scout it out a couple days ahead of time. 

• Yayyyy 1

Yeah I'm planning and scouting starting next week.  Any help is appreciated.

Also a reminder....

You will need a new fishing license as of 3/1/19.  The warden often comes by to say "hi"  and chat for a bit at our gathering.   I would hate to have someone forget.   Especially me. 😉

• Thumbs Up 2
eyeguy 54

thx for the reminder! 

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN
IceHawk

Was out there today scouting and as what I saw first hand today I would say no. Maybe with any luck someone will plow some trails but as right now she's pretty deep and hard. Gave my pickup a workout.  There r some  goat trails going out but once off that without 4x4 its a disaster. 

• Wow, ❤ 1
mrpike1973

That's what I figured thanks for checking it out! hopefully we wont be to far out. Oh well I could use a good walk🙂

I might be able to make a run or two if needed with my truck.  Hopefully we don't get dumped on and get a few warm sunny days to get this stuff to settle a bit.

eyeguy 54

more white on the way. hopefully not much! 

Ick.

Just got off the phone with my daughter and she was saying the one this weekend is now supposed to be worse than the one tomorrow.   Hope not...

eyeguy 54

sheesh, 7 day says 18 to 24. this is getting comical 

38 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

sheesh, 7 day says 18 to 24. this is getting comical 

18 to  24 degrees??

• Confused 1
eyeguy 54

inches if all the forcasts hit. but probably south of us. 

• Thumbs Up 1
1 hour ago, eyeguy 54 said:

inches if all the forcasts hit. but probably south of us. 

The way it's coming down right now.... don't look good for area lakes in foreseeable future😉 we get another 8inches and it will be snowmobile only  for a while

mrpike1973

This is really getting rough out there. I will drive through anything but today I can say i was pretty nervous on the roads

It's looking very iffy due to all the snow.   I will make a call by Monday of next week.  Like Rick said, its gonna be tough to get out for awhile around here.

eyeguy 54

thx for the update. crazy February

mrpike1973

Thanks Borch for looking at the lakes it is very rough out there. I was on a local lake that was plowed as of Monday I got stuck backed out and a big no go out there

1 hour ago, PRO-V said:

Maybe you should change it to a bowling get together 😉

that is what is happening in Long Prairie Saturday!!! ice bowling...

• Thumbs Up 1
The Chemist

I hope that we will be able to have it! Sounds like we are going to be up for the weekend. Was up last weekend and got a couple. But will be needing extensions on augers soon.

We got an additional 8-10" yesterday.   Talking another 2-4 this weekend.  Gonna be tough going for sure.

Went on a mission to see if I could get to any of the kitties spots today.   Was really pumped when I saw a nice plowed road on Cedar Island.

30464.thumb.jpeg.3fc776496faeb6e6999214cbec9ae973.jpeg

Well that didn't last long as I buried my 1 ton diesel in 2+ feet of drifted snow.  Got stuck twice and off roading wasn't an option. Couldn't get within 1/2 of the kittie spots.  The Horseshoe winter access was drifted shut and not much of the trail left.  Gonna be tough going for a long time.  Sorry guys but we're gonna have to cancel the get together.  Just no way to guarantee that we will be able to access the lake in a spot to catch some catfish.   Then even if we get there it's going to be a deep snow/slush mess in cold temps.

• Thumbs Up 3
mrpike1973

Thanks Borch,  Sorry you got stuck no good was out yesterday also almost did not make it out to nasty and when you drill a hole it's like striking oil. There is always next year better to be safe and unstuck.

Wanderer

Borch, yeah, that stinks.  The getting stuck while scouting part.  Cancelling is a smart idea.

My wife is seeing a lot of people stranded on Mille Lacs and LOW asking for help.  I hope they get out soon and safe.  The resorts aren’t able to bail everyone out.  Might have to leave the castles behind and just worry about themselves and trucks!  These are not the conditions one should take lightly!

This wind really moved a lot of snow around.  Even when roads were made they drifted in in short order. 

• Thumbs Up 1
39 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Borch, yeah, that stinks.  The getting stuck while scouting part.  Cancelling is a smart idea.

My wife is seeing a lot of people stranded on Mille Lacs and LOW asking for help.  I hope they get out soon and safe.  The resorts aren’t able to bail everyone out.  Might have to leave the castles behind and just worry about themselves and trucks!  These are not the conditions one should take lightly!

Not to be a Richard, but really, these conditions one shoulda stayed home. Sure hope everyone gets off them lakes safely.

• Thumbs Up 2
monstermoose78

This wind changed things in a hurry. It’s going to be nasty tomorrow morning going to work please be careful out there. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Borch unpinned this topic