• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

PRO-V

Beacon Harbor Area Reports

PRO-V

Anything happening on that end of the lake?

cookie129

you have to have a season pass there after xmas? Or a guest renting

Edited by cookie129

PRO-V

Thinking of going back up there renting. Fished with Outdoors Again last time.

kelly-p
32 minutes ago, cookie129 said:

you have to have a season pass there after xmas

With the season pass you also have to follow some rules. Don't be rude to other fishermen. Don't crowd other fishermen. Don't litter. Don't speed on the roads and some other rules or your season pass is revoked. The result is a quiet and peaceful part of the lake.

• Thumbs Up 2

PRO-V

That's why I liked it up there.

Moose

Kelly how is off road travel out of Beacon? I am renting for a couple days again this week and would like to venture around a little. I remember Hudeks road system up there in the day when we rented from Velmer and stayed at the ranch good times.. Thank you Moose.

kelly-p

Off road travel will really vary depending on how the snow blew around. Lots of old banks and hard drifts waiting to catch someone.

PRO-V

So....... how has the fishing been?

PRO-V

I get it. I just thought guys might give feedback from a controlled access and rental area.

PRO-V

Sad to hear those kind of stories. Sorry you have to deal with that.

Wanderer

No doubt!  

Unacceptable at any parallel.  They must not be close to anyone that needs to go slower to be safer!

I still remember my first trip up there - seeing a nice truck and wheelhouse T boned down in the ditch at a T in the road cuz they were going too fast.  

Borch

We've always enjoyed our stay there and their roads are close to a lot of really productive areas.

ANYFISH2

Beacons is the only place my Family/in-laws go anymore when on red.

fins_n'_feathers

We have a season pass for beacon harbor and it is the best money I spend ice fishing every year. Jesse plows an awesome road that keeps most of the guys from down south away. Fishing is amazing and once the winter wears on the crappies really start showing up in their normal spots. 

• Thumbs Up 3

PRO-V

My son just did two nights in a sleeper on the north side with seven buddies. Caught about 20 walleye total and kept 15 plus 6 perch. Fairly slow.

mtheis

We just got back from a three day trip up at Beacon Resort and we were surprised how nice the houses were and the quality of service.  They even have generators powering the houses so you can plug in 120v radios, chargers, etc.  Great idea.  The outhouses were positioned perfectly so that two houses had one porta-potty.  Great Idea!  I will return.  Prices weren't crazy either.  They got a customer for life.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Hookmaster
      Getting a MinnKota Precision charger for my new boat, a 1875 Pro Guide. It will have a 24 volt Ulterra on the bow and 24 volt Vantage on the stern. The batteries are group 31 AGMs. I've always had 10 amp per bank chargers in the past. I will be spending more time on the water with this boat so draining the batteries down more. Is the 15 amp per bank better, worse or no difference? I am leaning towards the 15 amp for quicker charging. Getting a 3 bank so the starting battery will be topped off also.
    • Hookmaster
      Stopped by the dealership yesterday. The Helis 10 or 12 will fit but only if the gimbal mount is attached directly to the folding section. Any mount will make it to tall. I guess I'll be taking the graph off, not to big a deal.
    • JeremyJohnson
      I am from Iowa we are planning a trip up to Big Trout Lake, I was wondering about the ice conditions (snow, slush, and thickness) any info would be appreciated.
    • eyeguy 54
      Can I cut the quick connect from the vexilar charger and then cut alligator clips off my lithium charger and switch them with no problems? I know there would be no issue with the alligators on the vex charger. Curious about the lithium with quick connect. The new 20 has the quick connect. 
    • Tom Sawyer
      They sure do 👍👍 Top Notch!  
    • otterman91105
      I will be up on tommorow so i guess i will see first hand. Thanks for the reply.
    • mrpike1973
      On a lake near Sugar. Got on to some great sunfish they were deeper than I thought 22 feet deep suspended at 14 feet. Nonstop for 2 hours a black tungsten jig worked best I did try plastics for a bit for building up confidence but the fish showed otherwise quickly. Went back to 3 euro worms 4 was to many . Then I got a 10.5 bluegill my first one and wouldn't you know it my phone was about 2 blocks away. So I let her go not going to keep a fish out of water to get a glory picture. Oh well next time. Get out while you can the lakes were good with the warm up but who knows in a couple of weeks. That was on Friday. Drilled a few holes for an older gentleman that just wanted to fish A while I was glad to help out enjoyed chatting with him. Then went out today almost the same thing but unfortunately near a community spot and within 2 hours everyone was out there and a dog peed on my fish house was not happy threw snow on the house cleaned when i got home I left soon after very rude people unfortunately and the fishing died right away oh well.
    • Borch
      Nice variety Pete!
    • JBMasterAngler
      Well, gave Boulder a try today. Went out from the dam access. Some open water behind dam. Couple trucks drove out 😬 I did not! Foot travel, and not knowing anything about this lake made for great day to enjoy the weather. Only caught 1 perch and 1 walleye.   
    • Cret Jigs
      Wow ... the back held up today!!   Always forget to take pics UGH ... wish i had taken some, just a great day on the ice.  met some very nice people ... and enjoyed the great weather.  brought home 7 Sunnies, 2 crappies, and a large mouth.  Missed a bunch and caught numerous border line pannies.   Great great time.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.