• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

PSU

Hello Friends,

For years I have always been interested in finding out what's creeping around our island property when we aren't there. I've seen numerous "trail camera" photos in publications like The Outdoor News, etc. I'm interested in possibly getting one (or three) for Christmas, something relatively inexpensive. Also, if there's a way to view remotely, that would be really cool.

Any suggestions from the experts on this board? Thanks for any insight

AlwaysFishing23

I’ve been using both stealth cam and bushnell for the last few years now and have nothing bad to say about either. I also have the stealth cam viewer which is really slick. Pop your SD card in  it out in the woods and you can view and delete pics right on it. About the size of a smart phone so fits right in your pocket. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Walleye Guy

Stay away from Wildgame Innovations cameras.  Attractive price points but very low end sequipment and the reliability is very poor.  I have had the best luck with Moultrie.  I have a couple camera fanatic hunting buddies that swear by Browning game cameras.

Thee are cameras that connect to the cell network and that can email you pictures.  Those products have a monthly or seasonal subscription price.

going4it

Had a wild game and never again. Leaked oil all over the sd card. I have stealth cams and they seem to hold up. I have bought some cheap ones from Walmart that are tasco (25-35$) they do a pretty good job for the price. You will be paying 2-300 for the ones that send pics to your phone plus monthly subscriptions. Depending on the island and if you have WiFi wondering if you couldn’t do video motion  that would show on the phone like ring or some of the others. Just some stuff to think about. 

hayseed

First time this year bought a Stealth cam and like it so far. Have used Bushnell with good luck, Brownings with mixed good and bad. Have a really bad Cuddyback. Had a Hawk Ghost cam which I ended up sending back. Ate batteries really fast. Of all I've used, Bushnell had the best pictures. 

VermilionGold

If you have Wifi available I would go with a security camera.  We have four Nest cameras running at our place.  They can be configured to send you a push notification on your phone and/or an email when motion is detected.  You can also view the video feed from your phone, tablet or PC.  My exterior cameras have been up for three years and have worked flawlessly even in -20F temperatures.

james_walleye

Im a moultrie guy. I bought a couple of these recently and they are great. 2017 model over half off on Amazon. 

Screenshot_20181211-215237_Amazon Shopping.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

PSU

Great insight folks, MUCH appreciated!

JerkinLips

I have 5 Wild Game trail cameras and have had very good luck with them.  For the lower price they are a decent option.  I also have a Moultrie, Hunten, Wildview, Primos, and Bushnell.  My first 3 cameras ran on C-size batteries which were very expensive, so I replaced them with AA-battery cameras.

• Thumbs Up 1