• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Who's heading out this weekend with the rest of the orange army? This week is going to drag on and be far from productive! I will be out all weekend in the DL area. Be safe if you're heading out and be sure of your target before you pull the trigger! Good luck to all!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Grandkids here over the weekend so wont go till Thursday. Good luck all!

I will be out with my son and nephew near Frazee. I think we will do quite well. We have been on a few different properties bow hunting and have seen quite a few. I have some dandies on trail camera that I hope show up in daylight. I will bow hunt pretty hard the end of this week before the rifle opener...

• Thumbs Up 2

I hadn't been excited but knew I would want to get out so I started looking for new areas to hunt since my run in with an unruly neighbor last year, and him being arrested wielding weapons, caused me to not want to go back to that property.  I figured to go north to my in-laws place near Crosslake and got lucky to find an acquaintance with a chunk of land and he even offered me his box stand with windows to hunt!  So I am getting anxious to go north on Friday and get ready for the Saturday morning hunt!  Good Luck to all and hope to hear the stories and see the success pictures soon 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, eyeguy 54 said:

Grandkids here over the weekend so wont go till Thursday. Good luck all!

Well, be the Cool Grandpa and take them with yea! ?  ?

?4,3 and almost 1.  sounds like a plan. 

• Yayyyy 1

5 hours ago, paceman said:

I will be out with my son and nephew near Frazee. I think we will do quite well. We have been on a few different properties bow hunting and have seen quite a few. I have some dandies on trail camera that I hope show up in daylight. I will bow hunt pretty hard the end of this week before the rifle opener...

Beautiful contry out that way, especially west of Vergas!  Would love to be able to hunt that.

Good luck!

I don’t think I’m getting a FA tag this year.  Hope there are still some ducks to chase in the area of deer camp.  The kids are old enough to handle the hunt themselves but I still like to be in deer camp.

Edited by Wanderer
  • Thumbs Up 2

I don't hunt around DL but I hunt west of Ada.  I'll be taking off Friday night to head north to my buddies.  Last year I did food plots, shooting lanes, trail cameras from April 1st on, and mineral stations.  This year not a dang thing because I've been too busy to make it up there.  Some one mentioned unruley neighbors and that happened to us too and the best thing we did was not even acknowledge them and it got them worse and started bicker among themselves and ultimately they got into a fight with the landowner and the landowner kicked them out of his party.  They went from shooting 40-50 deer in 9 days, no joke they shot 22 on our 15 acres of woods in one drive with only one person having permission, to shooting maybe 5 a year.  Last year I had a ton of 3.5 year old bucks that were doing split brow tines, crab claws, and base points so we are pretty excited to see what shows up this year.  Hopefully everything is good for our stands we'll sadly find out first thing Saturday morning but our stands are 2 person ladder stands so I feel better about it.  The land I hunt is a river bottom and the east side was standing corn and beets 4 weeks ago when I drove by the land for work so I'm hoping things have been opened up especially if we have to drag a deer out!  I also didn't have time to get to the range to sight in my gun, I'm switching from 150 gr Barnes TTSX to 168 Barnes TSX that my dad loaded for me so I know they wont be flying the same but i have 12 shots before I am out!  Last year only fired once and got a 8 point hopefully the streak keeps going!

Shoot straight and remember only an unloaded gun is a safe gun.

• Thumbs Up 3

How was hunting everyone?  I saw TONS of deer and probably the most I have ever seen for bucks but I didn't see a deer older than a year and half.  Deer were running everywhere through the corn that was standing and I didn't even flip my safety off once the first three days I hunted.  Saw Sunram Taxidermy posted a 200"+ wild deer was shot around DL.  

Tip of advice check stands before season starts.  Wind came through our area I guess and destroyed a bunch of trees making my stand almost useless and it also took the top half of my tree my stand is on off.  Resulting in broken straps that made getting into the stand the first morning very interesting. Thankfully I put multiple ratchet straps onto a tree and it was still safe but wasn't what I was hoping for Saturday morning in the dark.  

Did see a fork and two spikes pushing does during the weekend but nothing from the bigger deer.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Wow, ❤ 1