• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

SkunkedAgain

I'm wondering if anyone has experience using a cell repeater or booster for cell service. I've got a north-facing cabin on a hill. If I climb up a tree (literally) I get a few bars and reliable service. If I hike to the tall ridge about 1/2 mile away I get a good signal, I suppose because these spots all have a better line of site with the towers to the south. I'm thinking about getting a booster or repeater to mount on a massive red pine just behind my cabin. There's a lot of options on the market so I'm hoping a few of you can help narrow down the options with some real-world experience on Vermilion.

• Thumbs Up 1

SkunkedAgain

Thanks. That's one of the ones that I was considering.

10,000 Casts

I also have a north facing cabin at the bottom of the hill and I have the Weboost as well.  without it I just barely have reception and with it mounted to the outside of the cabin I can get enough reception for calla and texts (2-3 bars) and slow internet. I plan on mounting it in a tree this spring and should get better reception yet. I paid $399 at best buy for mine about a year ago.