• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I really doubt if anyone will tell you where they are catching lots of eyes. The lakes will get pounded. This time of the year the bite usually gets slower and the guys start switching to other species. Lots of really good crappie lakes around here. Earlier in the season folks were catching walleyes on Sallie, Mellissa, Big D, Cotton, Lida... Otter Tail is another good lake that you can try.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Paceman,

It's his first post so I'm sure he's looking for all the answers with one broad post.  

Paceman nailed the main lakes but almost every lake in the area holds good populations of eyes and those that are getting them hold their lakes and spots close to their chest.  I'm probably worst walleye fisherman out there with only catching one last year (While Tuilibee Fishing!) and have only caught one this year.  

Simple tips to help you with things would be this...Cloudier the water the shallower I find them relating to weeds big time.  Clearer the water deeper and extreme low light situations if not a night bite.  Search and keep trying multiple techniques but I'm hearing great things with smaller glow spoons tipped with a minnow head.

• Thanks 1

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Rush is another good one up there.  Tossed back a 25 1/2 incher  fishing panfish today on there.  Put up quite the fight on 2 lb test :grin:

Edited by IceHawk
  • Thanks 1