• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Share a wee bit and Help, please...

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

Matt Johnson

Big Marine Results - 1/7/18

Matt Johnson

Here are a few of the results from the event on Big Marine Lake...

1st Place - Ryan Sorenson/Mitch Bradshaw (8.42 pounds)

2nd Place - Mike Raetz/Travis Kratcha (8.395 pounds)

3rd Place - Stuart Manning/Michael Thompson (8.3 pounds)

4th Place - Matt Milbrandt/Evan Ficek (8.205 pounds)

5th Place - Justin Hammer/Joe Mann (8.085 pounds)

Big Fish - Travis Adams/Bill Shelton (1.3 pound Crappie)

For a complete list of the results... Big Marine Results - CLICK HERE

Also check out the UPL Facebook page for more photos from the event... UPL Facebook Page - CLICK HERE

Awesome job to all of the teams!!

Edited by Matt Johnson

IceHawk

Some good sticks there!

Tiney

How deep were you guys fishing if you guys don't mind ? Would like to catch some with my little brother. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• bowhuntingboy1
      That's why I said it's very unrealistic. 
    • kelly-p
      If that was tried I would guess that the Band would be in court very fast to get the boundary dispute settled. Then all of URL could be Bands waters. If you're going to poke a sleeping bear better be prepared for him to wake up.
    • leech~~
      Well this is 5 years old but does talk about the long term history of the problem, not just Red Lake.   https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjyntGNzafmAhVsp1kKHXHkC44QFjADegQIBRAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.startribune.com%2Fmay-3-2013-fishy-trade-in-walleyes-persists-up-north%2F205903751%2F&usg=AOvVaw3ZqjwEw_5vfkNmB2fCEjN4    
    • bowhuntingboy1
      I feel it would be best to shut down commercial fishing from red lake and simply have the natives follow the same regs as everyone else. You could say this is unrealistic, but you asked for what I think and this is my opinion. Another alternative I see is let the natives have lrl to do whatever they want with and compromise so everyone else gets access to the entirety of url with the same regs for everyone and a closing to commercial fishing. Then we see 20 years down the road how each lake is doing. This is obviously also very unrealistic, but I'd love to see it happend. 
    • leech~~
      Shouldn't there be some kind of tribal need number? After all, isn't this Hunting, fishing-gathering thing really all about subsistence living?  🤔
    • kelly-p
      So what do you feel should be the cap for the number of pounds of walleyes the Band can harvest from the Red Lakes?
    • islandmn
      Looking for ice conditions on the west end around Taylor and Schmidt's islands, hoping to get out there around the holidays. Thanks 
    • Mike89
      yup and with more snow coming ugly!!  I made mine from a small sleeper off a semi...  and it's on a steel frame with wheels...  so it does have some weight..  
    • mtheis
    • mtheis
      I wish I could tell all of you I got a big one, but I talked myself out of it due to the deep snow.  Where I go up there there is no plowing, and I figured I had enough with a deer from Wisconsin and one from Michigan already.  Maybe next year!