• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Borch

St Cloud Area Get Together 2/24/18 - Fishing Reports? Updated 2/21/18

Borch

Keep checking in here for any updates.  There's a very good chance that the location may change a bit as there have not been a lot of catfish at the methhole area.  Prefishing in the next day or so will help us pin down a location.  I will post any changes here.

IceHawk

See you tomorrow Jeff we'll dial them in ;)

Borch

Looking forward to it. 

Here are some more prizes.20180218_155628.jpga03a6c97-6650-44f2-b900-da89990302e4_1.4b9ab8cde7e3a711a7425e9c2baced64.jpeg

• Like 4

IceHawk

Nice Job Jeff. Love the secret potion you know how scent can play a key role in the bite.  :cool:  Wow some good prizes for this years event. People come on out and join the fun. We all will do are best to help you ice a few cats, maybe even your first. 

Tom Sawyer

:omg:Thanks Jeff!

mrpike1973

Hi all hope to make it this Saturday. Depending on the snow coming we should be able to drive on correct?

Borch

Just got off the ice and there were several cars driving around.  We ended up with 1-2 inches. We found a few willing cats today.   Enough to get a head start for the fish fry.  Keep posted as we did not find much for cats in the methhole area.

• Like 1

IceHawk

Definitely a grind out prefishing cats today for the gathering.  Weather made it to tough but I Jeff  and his brother pushed through the elements to try and find a few active schools .   Locating the schools were tough took a pile of holes and the augers got a workout for sure,  but fortunately  we did find a couple active schools. Jeff and his brother found a few on one lake and I found a decent school on another lake. The good news was that both schools were cruising shallow flats in both locations and about the same depths. Great news as this is a good indication they are feeding on these flats.   Amazeingly both schools were found on a inside corner. Bingo looks like we have a pattern formed. We iced and marked  a fair number of cats in both locations so things are looking good for Saturday. Plus is we added a few for the fish fry already :grin: Jeff I'll keep plugging away out there hopefully I can dial them in even more I have a hunch there are a few more close by where we ended. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tom Sawyer

Thanks for your work guys! You were showin' some serious team spirit being out there today. I would have helped but I had a few appointments today I couldn't reschedule. I know I'm available Friday to do any last day scouting/fine tuning....

Borch

A plus is that the forecast is for a much nicer day Saturday.

nytelyter

So [email protected]@king to saturday. i will be sporting the new otter lodge xt pro modded out and way ready to go will have my 8" lazer on the new 40v strikemaster and may bring the 3hp power head as well. my girlfriend will be coming and she is stoked for the fun time. thanks everyone for the awesome prizes and also the pre-fishing. will be checking the forum before saturday for updated info. has anyone volunteered to bring a garbage can or two along with some bags yet?? if not i can handle that

i will bring some chips and a pan of mounds bars for lunch oh some "pie"  this event always has to have "pie"

Born to Fish. Forced to Work

nytelyter

how is the ice should i bring four wheeler or is half ton truck good to go??

Tom Sawyer

Half ton will be fine, stay tuned for a location change, map is soon to be posted....

Big Dave2
On 2/19/2018 at 7:47 PM, Borch said:

A plus is that the forecast is for a much nicer day Saturday.

Looks like a little bit of snow.

Borch
8 hours ago, nytelyter said:

how is the ice should i bring four wheeler or is half ton truck good to go??

We've drilled a lot of holes over the past couple of days.  Found 24-27" of solid ice.  Best ice conditions that we've had in years.

Borch
5 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

Looks like a little bit of snow.

But still temps hanging around 30 degrees.  I may need to bring a pop up shelter for frying fish if it does snow.

• Like 1

Borch
8 hours ago, nytelyter said:

So [email protected]@king to saturday. i will be sporting the new otter lodge xt pro modded out and way ready to go will have my 8" lazer on the new 40v strikemaster and may bring the 3hp power head as well. my girlfriend will be coming and she is stoked for the fun time. thanks everyone for the awesome prizes and also the pre-fishing. will be checking the forum before saturday for updated info. has anyone volunteered to bring a garbage can or two along with some bags yet?? if not i can handle that

i will bring some chips and a pan of mounds bars for lunch oh some "pie"  this event always has to have "pie"

Born to Fish. Forced to Work

A couple garbage cans woyld be great.

Borch

It would he great to get an estimated head count of people planning on coming.  So I know how many tables to bring for food.  Feel free to post with your number.

Also if anyone would be willing to bring a fillet knife along to help clean a few fish if we need to.  I will bring some freshly filleted cats and some panfish to get us started.  

eyeguy 54

I still plan on bringing some mystery fish soup. :) Styro cups and spoons also. 

Borch

St Cloud Get Together 2/24/18, 8:00 am until you want to leave

The St Cloud Get Together will be on Cedar Island Lake near Richmond.    As of today the ice conditions appear to be excellent with 2 feet or more of good ice in all areas except necked down current areas.  The highlighted routes are being traveled frequently at this point.   The Cedar Island Lake is well known for a great place to catch channel catfish through the ice.  What you may not know is that it is also and excellent spot for catch crappies, walleyes and the infamous party crappie,(rock bass).  Channel cats can be caught on the same gear you use for crappies or walleyes.  Those targeting cats often use pieces of minnows, chicken liver or live minnows.  These baits can be fish under a sensitive bobber or jigged on a small jigging spoon.  Despite there size, channel cats can be very light biters so take that into account.  Crappies can be caught on the usual crappie techniques, including plastics.   So if cats aren't your thing there still the crappies or walleyes to target.    As the name implies, this event is mostly for fun.  It's a great way to meet others from the forum, tell stories, share techniques and maybe even a few fishing spots.  

There will be a potluck about noon with a raffle drawing following lunch.  The plan is to have a fish fry with any donated catfish, crappies or walleyes from the morning.  If folks could pack a fillet knife and a fish cleaning board that would be great.  Also storing fish so they don't freeze makes the cleaning process so much easier.  Bring a dish to pass.  This is a family friendly event so bring the whole family!  I will have some fishing goodies for the kids.

2018 St Cloud Gathering Map.jpg

Cedar Island Lake is south of Richmond MN on CR 22 east of Horseshoe lake.  There is a public access about 3 miles south of Hwy 23 on CR 71 that is a good option for cars or wheelhouses as the CR 22 access is a bit steep.  For those who have used the winter access for Horseshoe Lake the Cedar Island winter access is directly across the road from this access.

I look forward to seeing you all there!

• Like 2

YourBobersDown

Heading out Friday for the weekend. Bringing the castle out for the first time on the chain. When heading to this spot from the CR 71 access is there anything I need to stay clear of? I have a 17ft house and a 3/4 ton diesel. Thanks in advance and look forward to meeting you all!

Edited by YourBobersDown

IceHawk

Ice is fine from that access . People have been going out of it all winter nice and flat to take a wheel house out of not like the other one. Follow Jeffs map from the access and you will be fine. There should b a truck trail out there. Ice is in great shape.  Some good walleye fishing in that area also. Bonus if the catfish are stingy. Looking forward to meeting you. 

Edited by IceHawk

Tom Sawyer

Wanting to get a rough idea of a head count, for those of you planning on attending along with any of your guests, please chime in with a number....5a8db915d2276_02211810251.thumb.jpg.b8d5326d74f3e9fde82b5af101ecb20a.jpgAnother box of goodies arrived today.  Thanks Rick P! ( the owner of FM/HSO) for the jigs. As I said earlier, everyone will be a winner.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

IceHawk

Just did a drive over through the area looking good.  Public access off 71 is perfect for wheel houses theres a nice trail to follow to the area. Hopefully we don't get a bunch of snow to cover it. Ill be bringing some brats and buns to cook up and add to the potluck. 

• Like 1

mrpike1973

2 persons for sure, Hopefully 2 more but will let you know soon. I cant wait getting excited