• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

JBMasterAngler

Pout Fest Relocation

JBMasterAngler

I just read an article in the paper recently, that pout fest might be relocated to Lake Bemidji in 2018. It never gave a reason why though. Anyone know anything?

ANYFISH2

hummm, hadn't heard a thing?

Hoey

I have not heard any reasons for the purported relocation.  Just thinking out loud here - Walker Bay has not had enough ice in many of the past years, so they have to hold the event on shore and not on the lake.  There is limited space for a shore event there.  Maybe Bemidji makes more ice and/or they have more on-shore accommodations.  Walker itself is more of a tourist and family town and the Pout Fest is not that.  

i'majigger

It may be a tourist and family town but those 3 days bring a lot of money to that town.

• Like 1

leech~~

They got a FB page, go figure! ;)

“In light of recent media reports and social media commentary referencing the location/dates of the 2018 International Eelpout Festival, we want to clarify that event organizers continue to explore any and all options to ensure a feasible future for the festival. We are committed to providing a top-notch experience for our host community, patrons and event sponsors and partners. We have been in discussions with Walker officials, as well as community leaders in other potential locations, to identify the best course of action for the long-term growth, community support and sustainability of this unique event. No final decisions have been made at this juncture, as the collective effort of numerous city/county offices demands a thorough and patient approach. No matter the location, the 2018 International Eelpout Festival will take place in February however the exact dates cannot be confirmed at this time. Further details will be officially announced in weeks to come. Thank you for your patience and patronage!”

Edited by leech~~

sunniewally

I think they were going to limit attendance to 5000 at bemidji.

leech~~
8 hours ago, sunniewally said:

I think they were going to limit attendance to 5000 at bemidji.

That's because they know the other 5,000 will be coming from BSU that weekend! :P

workin4bait

I seen in the  paper it will be at Leech lake again this year.

Hoey

Copy that!