• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What's the water temp today? Please update

Those sound like swimming temps to me! :-D

Edited by SkunkedAgain

I had up to 65 in Black Bay last evening. When it's cooler at night, the water temp can sure fluctuate! Are any of you getting annoying pop ups on this site when you open a thread?

• Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, CigarGuy said:

Are any of you getting annoying pop ups on this site when you open a thread?

Yes. Both here and HSO.

• Thumbs Up 1

I generally found 65 degrees in Black Bay, and 60-62 degrees in main areas of the west end. Ideal swimming temps in my opinion, where you jump in and notice the cool and then it feels great after you swim around a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

Temps were consistently around 71-72 degrees everywhere on the lake Saturday. It was also one of the most calm days, perfect for my semi-annual cruise through Big Bay and all points east. I finally also made it to Glenwood Lodge. It only took me 19yrs but I enjoyed it. It's definitely a neat spot to stop in for a few beers.

• Thumbs Up 1

Water temp in Stuntz Bay was 67 in the morning and 72 in the afternoon on Wednesday.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Water temp yesterday, July 2, was pretty much 75-76 all over west end, head-o-lakes, wakemup, Norwegian.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I had updated again, but must not have worked from phone.   Anyway, after the recent spell of cool weather, water in West End was down to 71 yesterday 7/11

Water temp had dropped to 67 when we left yesterday.  This was on the west side.  

• 2 months later...

63 degrees all over the East End was up wens-Sunday,  Was down in Armstrong all the way up to Oak narrows pretty consistent 62-63 degrees.

• 2 weeks later...

50°F on the east end Wednesday.  Will cool down quickly over the next week with the cold weather, but definitely won't freeze before the deer opener.

• 6 months later...

What are we looking at.......water temp wise?

Fishing must be phenomenal. Very few reports.  

23 hours ago, TrueNorth said:

Fishing must be phenomenal. Very few reports.  

I tried starting a 2024 Lake Vermilion Fishing Report topic but it doesn't show up on this board.

Maybe somebody else knows how to do it?

If you were on vermilion over the weekend can you please post up water temps and general area of the lake.  Thanks 

I had 60 degrees this morning

Had 58 in big bay on Monday morning

Low 60’s in the mornings, higher 60’s in the afternoons on the east end.