• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What's the water temp today? Please update

Hello Everyone, May is just a few days away and I'd love to see how the water is warming this Spring through Summer...

Can we start a thread with daily water temps?

Date:

East side or West side:

Temp:

I'll be there June 10th!

Thanks,

~Tripp in ATL

• Thumbs Up 1

Only 39 degrees in the Pike River mouth yesterday! That is usually warmer then the main lake.

Cliff

• Thumbs Up 1

It was 45 degrees last week at Zippel Bay (in the  bay) yesterday it was 33 after the lousy weather but it should be warming up quickly in the sun

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks Guys, great information...let's keep it up. May 1st is here!

Tripp

• Thumbs Up 1

Water temps may be be 40 something on surface but four feet down at 3:30 PM during my annual Docks Done Dip it was as cold as normal for a clear rusty slushy.

Major Shrinkage oh boy!

Buuuuurrrrrrrrrrr ~~~ oh there ya are lil buddy.

: )

Keep on Rocken!

T.

IMG_0085.JPG

• Thumbs Up 3

I found 53 degrees to 56.5 degrees this morning! Warming up nicely!

Cliff

Targeting walleye prior to the season is not legal.  There is not a catch and release season before opener.   Most seasons are put in place so that people do not harass the fish while they are spawning.   Honestly, I could care less but I thought I'd give you a heads up so that you don't get ticketed.  

Thanks for the updates on water temps...keep them coming. I'll be there June 9th!

Good luck during the Opener :)

~Tripp

Its gonna be a better opener than last year, this year will probabky be about twice the temperature. Las t year, it was snowing in my area.

Does anyone know if the landing near cable bay on the east end is open yet? I see it's not listed on the DNR site yet. Any info would be greatly appreciated. 

I do not think that it is open yet.

Check with the DNR in Tower. They should know for sure.

Cliff

Good morning...any one have water temp this week?

Thanks again,

Tripp

Heading up on Monday morning for a week of fishing on Vermilion. Any updates on the water temperature?

Thanks, 

Ethan

53 to 55 just about everywhere we went on East end over Memorial day weekend. Not really much of a leech bite happening yet.

I have heard reports of a good leech bite in some areas.

I am still using mainly pike suckers and fathead chubs with an occasional fish on 1/2 crawler.

Cliff

We were up over memorial holiday on the west end. Water temps were 56-58 in Norwegian bay area. Otter ate all our minnows first night there so we switched to leeches and did very well. Only disappointment was my crappies were still hard to find in deep water. 

57 degrees in Big Bay yesterday the last time that I checked.

Cliff

I ran from the West to East and found 64 to 67 degree water depending on where you were located.  When the sun was out, water temps shot up to 69 to 70 range.  Folks are swimming!

Great to hear Brian, thanks for the update as we are coming up Thursday

• 4 weeks later...

Hey All -

Half days at work before a long vacation are the slowest, right?  Anyway, the wife is having trouble finding out the water temp to see if we are going to the beach much over the next week.  I know this usually isn't monitored as much any more this time of year, but is someone able to help a guy out? :)  Hope everyone has a fun and safe 4th!

I had 64 on the west end last weekend.  I'd imagine it is pretty close to that based on the weather we have had this week.  It's gonna make for a cold bath in the lake this weekend. 

Just came in.   Breeze has picked up some.   Water was pretty consistently 73-74.

70 to 72 degrees in Big Bay today.

Cliff