• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

snagfinder

Anyone been steelhead fishing at all. Gonna make a trip up with dad tomorrow just wondering what to expect. 

snagfinder

No comments. Im gonna take that as a good sign.

hayseed

Cannot speak for the river, but was shore fishing sucker bay yesterday and caught three steelhead and a couple Cohos. Lots of fish ducks so the smelt are near. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Wanderer
      In Aitkin now; getting a slow start this morning.  No problem there, it’s a day bite for the most part.   Yesterday I checked one of those two hit list lakes.  Evening into the dark.  I only picked up 2 perch, 1 gill and had one 30 inch pike to the hole 4 times before it came off when I got more aggressive to turn his head into the hole.  I started in 24 feet and worked up to 15 before connecting with anything.   What a fight though. Using a 28 inch pannie rod, 2 lb test on a 13 Descent, fishing size 16 jig and plastic.  After hooking into it and the first head shakes were done it just sat there.  I couldn’t move it for a while but could feel it finning around.  I thought, what the heck!  Did I just hook a beaver?!
    • Harv
      Beautiful morning on the harbor.  6 inches of ice where I'm at.
    • Camp and Fish
      60 years ago at the age of 10, I used to read the fishing ads in Field & Stream about fishing in Minnesota.   I always said I would go one day, but as you know life and things get in the way.   Well, I'm 90% retired now and ready to make the long trip from way down south to go fishing in Minnesota, my lifelong dream.   I always wanted to go to the BWCA, but I'm simply not able now due to health problems. I can't do hiking, portaging, etc anymore.   Here's the deal....  I would love to find a small remote cabin (in Minnesota) on a small lake to stay for a week or more, next spring or summer.    I don't need anything fancy... rustic is the best for me.   I want to fish for smallmouth bass and big bluegills and I will bring my boat along too.   If any of you could recommend a small lake, with a small cabin and good fishing to rent for a week or so, I promise I will repay you somehow.   A guide would be nice for a day, or I'd gladly give one of you a nice tip and take you along in my boat fishing, as many days as you want.   Would you please help make my 60-year dream come true?  PM me if you wish.   Thanks in advance.    PS:  If the fishing is better in a spot that doesn't have cabins, I can find a place to stay elsewhere.  Good fishing is more important that a place to sleep anyway.     
    • Parmer
      Up on mille lacs isle bay. 13.5 inches of ice and half ton trucks out here. Fishing is slow. 1 Walleye last night at 845. Moving the house deeper today. 
    • Cret Jigs
      Got to work the weekend ... good luck guys!!  Will be checking in to see what these fish look like 😉
    • monstermoose78
      I am going to check some local lakes today 
    • Wanderer
      Thanks @knoppers.   I’m about to head over to that general area.  Makes me wonder if I should load the wheeler.
    • Sherman
      What length of the HT BLUES are you looking for? I've seen some 24" @ Walmart stores. Some in the rod/reel combos n some just the rod itself. I got my 30" frm Frankie's bait in Chisago so if you're in that area you can check it out or give them a call. I remember seeing some @ Blue Ribbon baits in Maplewood also. You can also give them a call. I hope this helps.
    • Chetta09
      Fish went deeper durring the day today. Not easy cracking the code this year
    • brrrr
      I shoot through the bottom..  Use plumbers putty to make a ring and use some to keep the diversity in place.   I just add enough water to make a good conductor.  Works great.  No worries about snagging the ducer outside the boat.  As for finders I have an old fish eagle, buddy just picked up a battery operated color unit from amazon says it worked good.