• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

leech~~

Trout Pictures.

Vitreus

IMG_0313.JPG

Edited by Vitreus
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • l Love It 1

leech~~

Nice colors on the Brown Jim.

phishnerd

Here's a good one from a few weeks ago.  Biggest one I've caught in a few years. Brown1.thumb.jpg.f2fde4f8b8ebcc22f2b2a52eed3d5fec.jpg

• l Love It 1

phishnerd

Man it's quiet in a lot of these forums.  Here's another nice brownie from this year.  Let's get some more pics going!trout2.thumb.jpg.fbc5ec1dd2f1d427bb90c9cd6e51136d.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 1

leech~~

Everyone is out fishing and not on the internet!  Lol  Nice brown.  :)

• Thumbs Up 1

phishnerd

Wish I was out fishing too!  This is the closest thing for me right now but man it's way too quiet.  I use this community to fish vicariously when I'm stuck inside.  Hopefully I will get out next week.  I think I may even try some night fishing during the next full moon...:cool:

• Thumbs Up 1

leech~~

Kabekona does that have Trout in it?

BIGFISH.JZ

Lakers and brookies

• Thanks 1

leech~~
8 hours ago, BIGFISH.JZ said:

Lakers and brookies

Really Kabekona up by Leech. I don't see any trout listed in that lake on the DNR page? 

BIGFISH.JZ

Doesn't mean that they aren't in there. They have stocked Lakers back in the 80s and in the 2000s. I have heard of a handful getting caught by walleye fisherman. And kabekona river contains brook trout... So they must not know they're not supposed to be in the lake because a friend of mine caught a 19" there years ago. Stupid trout can't read😕

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

IceHawk

Nice fish way to go !

• Thanks 1

ozzie

I fish Trout on WF Chain occasionally here and there...I have yet to connect with one myself but I have friends that have all landed a few trout there in the past 2 years.  I have heard of some big ones seen out there

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Rick
On 9/21/2019 at 9:17 AM, Dan Collins said:

A Bald Eagle showing off his catch of a nice Brook Trout.

Lnip15.jpg

Very nice pic @Dan Collins

• Thumbs Up 2

poliwhirl18

That's insane. I'm amazed you were able to take a photo of it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Hoey
      I speared a bit back in the day when I only had weekends off, no augers, only chisels, we'd get to the lake late Friday night.  On Saturday morning we'd cut/chisel our holes which was real man-work, we'd be spent already.  We'd then fish that afternoon and a little on Sunday morning, then heading home by noon to recover.  We did good if we got one pike each during these trips.  I often wonder how much more fishing we could do if we had powered augers.  Geez, when those hand powered cup "augers" came out, we thought we had the world by the arse.  
    • Mike89
      67 here and don't want any big one's I enjoy seeing them swim by!!!!  didn't get out this winter with some health issues, but plan to next year!!!
    • BobT
      Latest data that I have found indicates it is best to recharge deep-cycle batteries as soon as possible after each use and and quickly as possible without overheating the battery. One of the worst things we fishermen do is deep-cycle our batteries and then leave them set for long periods without recharging. This is very hard on batteries.   The Minn Kota Precision on-board charger is a good choice. It is a smart charger so it uses a multiple charging sequence so it will control both voltage and current output depending on the state of charge of the battery(s). Each bank can be set up for individual battery type and is individually controlled for optimum charger performance.    I think you have made a great choice.
    • MRGC
      The Monticello Rod and Gun Club is having a Turkey Gun Sight in on April 4th and 5th.  More on their website if anyone is interested. 
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  A great week of ice fishing with lots of fish frys.  Good fishing reports, most fishing in 27 - 33' of water.  Ice conditions on LOW remain excellent at around 30 inches where most are fishing.  Use combo of jigging line and deadstick.  Try spoons or lipless crankbaits with rattles to pull fish in.  Pink hook with a minnow on deadstick effective this week.  Some good colors overall, gold, glow, pink, green, orange and chartreuse.  Don't be afraid to downsize presentation on a tough bite day.  Small spoon with a minnow head, wax worm or euro larvae can catch extra fish.  Electronics will catch more fish.  Some nice walleyes showing up suspended.  Pike fishing continues to heat up.  Tip ups and big baits on quick strike rigs  the ticket.   On the Rainy River...   Local anglers catching some walleyes in the river.  Most anglers fishing the lake.  Extra caution is always needed on the river, especially with higher current this year.  Thin ice around the International Bridge in Baudette.  Work through resort or know ice conditions if ice fishing the river as ice thickness varies. Up at the NW Angle...  Ice fishing reports good up at the Angle.  Resorts in 26 - 32' of water.  A mix of walleyes and saugers with big jumbo perch and pike in the mix.  The snowmobile trails both across the lake and in the woods are in great shape.  Jigging with a bait with rattles has helped to pull in walleyes.  Fish houses on the ice through March 31st, walleyes and saugers open through April 14. 
    • smurfy
      i'm gonna claim B.S. on the spear all the big ones. i live and breathe pike spearing and in no circimstance am i out there to get that elusive monster pike. i'm 62, not sure i'd be considered an old timer, but i've been sitting in a spear shack since i was maybe 10.   do i spear a few fish....yeah......small ones ....yeah!!!!!! fact is i let alot of fish swim for another day!!!!!!half that fun is watching there goofy behavior under the ice along with the other species of fish  see!!!!!!!   and lastly, i gues the term big fish is in the eye of the beholder. like kettle said.............its legal.........have at it and dont let anyone discourage you from doing it.👍
    • iiccee63
      People at the bar I talked to said it's been dead all winter and everybody moved off the lake.
    • Kettle
      It is a generational thing for sure.  Most of the old timers that spear pike over 30" do eat them, there are still people who will fillet a 26" walleye to.  We have regulations that do allow this and although it may seem that people are constantly taking big fish I do think that there are more people who do not.  I think the movement has slowly grown regarding conservation of fishing.  Spearing was something I did a lot in my teens and really enjoyed it.  I speared regularly on a lake loaded with 20"-25" fish and the locals loved people who speared because the pike had essentially taken over the lake.  It all depends where you go.  I'm not much for eating a 36-40" pike and I'm not going to mount it so why spear it?  Spearing is a sport, legal to do and fun.  So do not let anyone sway you from doing it! 
    • eyeguy 54
      Checked with batteries plus and they say no issue. Good to hear. 
    • rundrave
      We are now officially just a few days out. Weather looking great for the rest of the week with no snow in the forecast!    If you are planning to attend, chime in over on HSO and let us know: HSO Big Stone get together   Anyone have any fishing reports to share after the weekend? I am sure it was was a busy place with the nice weather.    I am still trying to formulate a plan on where to meet up. I would prefer to not fish in the herd but may not have that option. It may just depend on who is all coming and from where. It appears we will have some people from SD and MN. Give me some feedback and let us know what works or doesn't work for you. I think we can all get around on the lake with just about any means of transportation if we avoid the drifts. But I think snow cover is pretty minimal right now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.