• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

North or south end

Slobslayer99

Haven't been up yet this year just wondered where is the more consistent bite at the north end or the south end or everywhere in between 

I hit the reefs out from Garrison last time I was up and it was a little slow.  My buddy has a permi out of Lybecks on the south side and has been hauling in 27+ eyes for two weeks now.  I have also heard the north is on fire.  Like Stick in Mud said, not sure you can make a bad choice.  I'll be hitting the north side next time I go up.

• Thumbs Up 1

The further away you can get from the crowds, the better, although there are not too many places that are that crowed right now, but it will get noisy over the weekend. There are a couple of options to get to the mud from the Garrison side, and around to the north toward Red Door, and Barnacles. There is still a great dawn and dusk bite inshore on the east side, but the further you can get out mid day the better.

Good Luck     

• Thumbs Up 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Rick G
      Finding most of my better late January fish out deeper than I was earlier this month. With the snow cover and thicker ice we have on most of our area lakes, a lot of the shallow green weeds are starting to die off or already have died off.  With conditions getting tough in the shallows on some lakes, this will push the fish a bit deeper looking for food and more comfortable habitat.   Tricked this beauty and a few of his buddies into biting today.
    • Wanderer
      Not much.  I set the house on the edge of some but it seems the slush is just under the drifts.  It’s all hard packed out here.  Maybe a foot of snow in the drifts.   The wife had epic calamity while I was out drilling in the basin.  She had a pike rush and wound up on the losing end of a “whale” that got into her rattle reel and… her favorite rod!   I got a text:     Now ISO new favorite rod.
    • smurfy
      there are ALOT of them snot rockets in there!!!!!! matter of fact long before this new regulation came along, bowstring and sand lake thats attached via river had a 9 fish pike limit.   good luch chasing crappies....there nice ones iffin ya can find them.
    • leech~~
      Any slush around? 
    • Wanderer
      Bowstring.  All new turf for us.  Don’t even know what colors work best out here so starting from scratch.  It’s clear water though we’re starting with the standards.   Didn’t get a lot of advice at the resort but they had a couple other things going on so kinda distracted I guess.   2 more snot rockets at pizza time.
    • leech~~
      So where did you end up going? 
    • CigarGuy
      Hi Chad, everytime I go down to the mailbox, I look for your house out there. By the looks of your driveway, looks likes you haven't been up most of the winter, must be enjoying Colorado! When I was out fishing last week, there were some people out fishing near Metsa's point. Seems like when I do see people out on this end, they're usually around that area. I'll be sure to stop by!
    • Wanderer
      only been set up an hour!  High standards! 😄   2 perch and 1 pike so far though.  All small but some action anyway.  Once this pizza is done I’m going looking for crappies.
    • Raven77
      Hey Bill.  I will be up the last three weeks of February.  Looks like I should pick up bait on the way up.  If you see my AlumaLite, make sure to stop in.  Thinking about setting up near Metsa's point.   We have historically done better on dead sticks with rainbows. than with jigs,   When the fish aren't biting we stop jigging and pull out the cribbage board, which often triggers the bite 😆.  As far as jig colors, it varies from day to day but red/gold has probably done the best.
    • Raven77

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.