• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Moose's Report - Cambridge-Elk River-Foley-Milaca-Mora-Ogilvie Fishing Reports

12 hours ago, Kettle said:

Probably, my first time fishing in the area was likely at age two so 34 years ago

👍 well, lets see here, i'm 65 years experienced. my parents bought the cabin in 1965, so i started fishing up there when i was 6 years old.........that would be 59 years ago!!!!! but i love it up there. most times, unless i got to the bigger lakes in the area, there might only be 1 maybe 2 other fishhouses or boats on it. especially now that i'm retired and fish during the week!!!! and now i've been trying to hit a new lake or 2 every summer!!!!!

that is a problem of sorts...i grew up, and lived all my life within 5 miles of the horseshoe chain of lakes......and i dont no crap about them. yea i fish it in the winter now and then but i honestly dont know the lakes well. when i go out i just kinda go where others are. i do know what they catch in some of the areas so. i know the lakes up by the cabin wayyyy more then where i live.🤔

then to compound that..wife and i had a perny site camper near new london.......lotz of lakes there........and i got to know them better then the lakes out my front door.🥴

Edited by smurfy
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
9 hours ago, smurfy said:

👍 well, lets see here, i'm 65 years experienced. my parents bought the cabin in 1965, so i started fishing up there when i was 6 years old.........that would be 59 years ago!!!!! but i love it up there. most times, unless i got to the bigger lakes in the area, there might only be 1 maybe 2 other fishhouses or boats on it. especially now that i'm retired and fish during the week!!!! and now i've been trying to hit a new lake or 2 every summer!!!!!

that is a problem of sorts...i grew up, and lived all my life within 5 miles of the horseshoe chain of lakes......and i dont no crap about them. yea i fish it in the winter now and then but i honestly dont know the lakes well. when i go out i just kinda go where others are. i do know what they catch in some of the areas so. i know the lakes up by the cabin wayyyy more then where i live.🤔

then to compound that..wife and i had a perny site camper near new london.......lotz of lakes there........and i got to know them better then the lakes out my front door.🥴

On the chain you know who to ask though!

• Thumbs Up 2

59 minutes ago, monstermoose78 said:

On the chain you know who to ask though!

yea but he no longer comes to the forums......and i dont have any contact info!!!!!!!!!!🥴

58 minutes ago, smurfy said:

yea but he no longer comes to the forums......and i dont have any contact info!!!!!!!!!!🥴

Just go to his house

• Thumbs Up 1

Went out antiquing with wife yesterday and she found all kinds off stuff I picked up a redhead wood duck decoy. I like to find different ducks and not spend much on them. I did notice antler’s were every expensive. 

6A311997-B020-47DB-8717-E65A7D0A1E69.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 3

Today is one of those days that we’ll hopefully be heading home early, fishing wise.

Still been a good time out here but the bite off. Way off.  Only hooked about 1 in 10 seen.  Same spot as last time.  We were going to move but got too caught up in the festivities and ran out of time.

Vendor row was surprisingly enjoyable.  We bought more than we thought we would.  I got a set of back up plans for getting unstuck.  I know I’ll use them!

F944B008-BFF3-49C5-9A88-9B92E46E8817.thumb.jpeg.18e6dcd5a857510db42ade1d3a1987c5.jpeg

The worst part of the whole deal was they DID bring out a wheelhouse for promotion from Smokey Hills.  The Hardwater Life Special Edition Ice Castle. My wife was gaga over it.  Says “That’s the one!”  Uugghhh!!!!  Can only order right now - and no, we didn’t, but now she’s laser focused.

*NOTE* This post was interrupted by a couple walleyes. 😉  One ate and one didn’t.  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Yayyyy 2

👍 i have givin serious thought to buying them.....what kind of ching to you need to fork over for them?????

also wondered where in st cloud i could get them????????  oh...i aint doing Amazon!!!!!!!😉

good luck on the new wheelhouse!!!!!!!!!!🤣🤪

5 hours ago, smurfy said:

👍 i have givin serious thought to buying them.....what kind of ching to you need to fork over for them?????

also wondered where in st cloud i could get them????????  oh...i aint doing Amazon!!!!!!!😉

good luck on the new wheelhouse!!!!!!!!!!🤣🤪

Bucknahalf.  Dunno if that was good but it was a 15% discount and honestly the first time I’ve seen em.  Company from Canada.  I was told they can’t put these in a retail store because of the border??? IDK????  So no idea if they’re available in St. Cloud.

The best luck I could have with that wheelhouse is if it turned into a boat instead!  Again, no deal was made!  But thanks anyway!!!  

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, smurfy said:

when i googed them they where listed at $159.00

Woulda been $170 after tax without the discount so that sounds about right.

21 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Still been a good time out here but the bite off. Way off.  Only hooked about 1 in 10 seen

same here in SD yesterday was beautiful low 30’s, sunny no wind and barometer just absolutely  bottomed out. Fish were very negative and skittish. Fished all day with only one 13” perch to show for it. 

moved to another lake right at golden hour to fish walleye over night. Only one 15”er so far on a rattle reel.  Any jigging they do a 180 and gone. Seeing fish on livescope and they are pretty tight lipped. Hopefully sun up is more productive. Might be a long drive home today with this weather. At least I didn’t waste yesterday watching the Vikings 😀

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, smurfy said:

Did you try goggle? I'm sure there's lots of places to buy Walleye filets around St. Cloud! 😉

• Wow, ❤ 1

6 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Did you try goggle? I'm sure there's lots of places to buy Walleye filets around St. Cloud! 😉

🥴🤪 i wasnt talkin about buying walleyes ya putz!!!!!!!!!!🤣

• Confused 1
  • Yayyyy 1

9 hours ago, leech~~ said:

The “Key” to understanding that he was referring to the Big Grippers is to not let the sun bake yer head too much!

Hope you’re enjoying your trip!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 2

Went to Ottertail County last weekend and hit 5 lakes and struck out on all 5. Tried shallow mid range and deep all with the same results little 5-6 inch gills. I did manage 1 keeper crappie 11 incher but that was it. I was marking fish they would not bite. Tried plastics, jigs, and minnow style baits. A friend tried euros, waxies, and minnows. I cut a pile of holes went through both 9 amp and the 6 batteries and even recharged the 9 to use again on the lake. 

• Confused 1
  • Wow, ❤ 1

On 1/22/2023 at 4:28 PM, Wanderer said:

I’m giving the one set of Big Grippers a B rating so far in deep snow on the ice.  Once the frame of the truck starts pushing snow, you can be stopped.  Trying to get back out, if you let the tires spin too much, you can actually dig down into the ice and stay stuck.

My buddy was stuck with his house, his other buddy got stuck trying to get him out.  I joined when they were both planted.  It took all 3 trucks to get truck/house combo freed up again.  Not really that big of deal, almost kinda fun.  But the grippers did help and my truck wore them until we got back to the access to leave for home.

Another pair on the fronts might be the big game changer.  Super easy on and off process.

F3BD7BFD-DEA5-4C87-B368-777AA2303AE4.thumb.jpeg.66584890c5eb430abaf07bbcdb2c1ea9.jpeg

Wow, sounds like fun! :blink:   Was there any slush?  :P

• Yayyyy 1

1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

yeaa probably not if he was on a sandy beach with babes in the background like the last putz that asked!!!!!!!!!🙄🤣🤪

• Wow, ❤ 1

3 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

Went to Ottertail County last weekend and hit 5 lakes and struck out on all 5.

Geez.  Sounds like some of my muskie fishing adventures.

2 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Yes, dangerous levels.  Stay off the lakes!

• Yayyyy 2
  • l Love It 1

4 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Yes, dangerous levels.  Stay off the lakes!

Oh don't you have some grippers to go play with? :huh:

Edited by leech~~
  • Yayyyy 1

13 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Oh don't you have some grippers to go play with? :huh:

Well yes, as a matter of fact I do. 🙂

Planning on heading out this afternoon to play in the arctic blast for the weekend.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • I Like it 1

🥴🙄 just how many fishin poles you need Monstermoose?🤔 you throwing any out? and where do you live!!!!!!!!!!🤣🤗

• Yayyyy 1

2 hours ago, smurfy said:

🥴🙄 just how many fishin poles you need Monstermoose?🤔 you throwing any out? and where do you live!!!!!!!!!!🤣🤗

That sounds like my wife!! Smurfy!! I am in Princeton 

• Yayyyy 1

3 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

That sounds like my wife!! Smurfy!! I am in Princeton 

🤣i new you where in Princton....just not exactly sure where.  just giving ya grief!!!!!!👍

• Yayyyy 1
  • l Love It 1

5 minutes ago, smurfy said:

🤣i new you where in Princton....just not exactly sure where.  just giving ya grief!!!!!!👍

I can give you my address smurfy! Lol I will be thinning the herd this spring once ice fishing is over

• Yayyyy 1

14 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

I can give you my address smurfy! Lol I will be thinning the herd this spring once ice fishing is over

👍🤣 just kidding......i'm actually good. my wife dont fish winter anymore 🥴 so i have 2 sets of 6 ice rods!!!!! and i have enough tackle so i dont rumage through icehawks garbage anymore either!!!!!!!!!🤣🤣

• Yayyyy 2