• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Moose's Report - Cambridge-Elk River-Foley-Milaca-Mora-Ogilvie Fishing Reports

I got out for a couple hours this morning. I didn’t see nearly as many teal as I did last year.  Had to keep moving to find em and then wasn’t ready when I did get buzzed by the 2 best opportunities.

That’s fine, scouting was needed anyway. A lot has changed now that the water came back up.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have actually seen quite a few ducks the past couple weeks.  Mallards, wood ducks, and teal.  The problem is, all of the ducks I see are within city limits while I'm fishing and they aren't legal to hunt there.  🤨

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

well chase them out of town for me.

Edited by monstermoose78
  • Yayyyy 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well I went hunting with Riverat and my pups. No ducks were shot at today. Nothing in rake so o well. The dogs had fun.

6A1EAB24-32FC-41AF-BDDA-00C13C34F988.jpeg

B815F648-585D-4572-8A46-F1076C6586EB.jpeg

96316F58-8690-4BFF-863B-F929156B3EE7.jpeg

5ACAD05D-B5CF-41F2-BE6C-741D942C25E5.jpeg

Edited by monstermoose78
  • Thumbs Up 3

Went duck hunting at my dads house I missed the only duck in range. The we went grouse hunting and we put 6 miles walking in and flushed two grouse and a woodcock. 

EED52A80-D7C0-4800-8F5E-E9A8AAB86109.jpeg

1A242537-8880-4E22-8A87-5D7672844239.jpeg

FA7D78B4-7500-4E28-9E66-7C236CDF9ADF.jpeg

7062DF33-4D4C-4E1C-8804-1EC2D9FAA1B9.jpeg

D0ED4450-CB75-4CC3-91D4-6FCCD3F29563.jpeg

64A1038D-AAB9-4E23-A47E-9DE40E6CAD5F.jpeg

8B262866-AE34-4866-A872-F806F4F1823F.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 1

It was a perfect day for a walk with the dogs. 

Have you noticed how dry it is again out there?  Last season the lack of moisture was obvious everywhere.  I didn't think that would occur again this season based on the snow and rain we had over the winter and spring, but its getting close again.  We need a monsoon of rain soon here.  I honestly think it inhibits the dog's ability to scent birds when I'm pheasant hunting.

My old man retired and has been enjoying nature. This makes me so happy!! He is up at the cabin and eating very well.

D2050345-E6CF-46A1-B167-D0F2A5FC70C2.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 1

23 hours ago, gimruis said:

Have you noticed how dry it is again out there?  Last season the lack of moisture was obvious everywhere.  I didn't think that would occur again this season based on the snow and rain we had over the winter and spring, but its getting close again.  We need a monsoon of rain soon here.  I honestly think it inhibits the dog's ability to scent birds when I'm pheasant hunting.

Not sure where your talking about but I was up in Itasca county for 6 full days last week. The lakes are in good shape and walking the trails the low spots had water in them as well as all the swampy areas . If it where dry I'd think some of the leaves would have dropped more than they are.

Yea here in Stearns county we could use some rain, but I just dug a hole in the garden to bury stuff and there was moisture in the ground.

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, smurfy said:

Not sure where your talking about

Sorry, I was referring to the area in this thread title.  The east-central zone.

I live in the northwest metro and we've recorded a grand total of 0.23 inches of rain since Sept 1.

• Thumbs Up 1

Took a drive in western stearns county and wow the number of roosters I saw!! Counted over 30 roosters not including hens. I found a couple pieces of public land but I know it will be a race to get there. 

Edited by monstermoose78
  • Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

I know it will be a race to get there.

Might be worth avoiding it on Sat/Sun and then going back on a Tues or Wed instead.  Then there shouldn't be a race to get there.

I went bass fishing one last time on Saturday afternoon and it was my best outing of the entire season.  I caught 31 largemouth and a pike in about 4 hours, with 13 of the bass being over 17 inches.  I even caught the biggest all season, a 20 incher that weighed almost 5.5 pounds.  At one point I caught a fish on 4 consecutive casts.  I never saw a single other boat out there the whole time either.

10-15-22 bass 5.jpg

10-15-22 bass1.jpg

10-15-22 bass2.jpg

10-15-22 bass3.jpg

10-15-22 bass4.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Heading to the northland to get Hazel on some better numbers of grouse.

• Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

Heading to the northland to get Hazel on some better numbers of grouse.

Good luck sir!!👍

• Thumbs Up 1

Had fun up at the cabin with a buddy and Hazel. 

8E42255E-4EF2-42DD-AFE2-42EEFF07E922.jpeg

432FA671-A6D8-4E5F-B74B-CDAE507CD8B4.jpeg

4E5EA5CD-BA34-4086-9415-64261E05E797.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 1

Dang the deer were moving today! I came close to hitting 3 of them. The trail camera at the cabin were snapping today as well. Mostly does what fawns. No sightings of the giant from last year, but My uncle has been seeing two good ones throughout the summer. Fingers crossed 

Edited by monstermoose78
  • Thanks 1

Good luck to all you deer hunters this weekend!! Be safe and share those photos!!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Fewest shots I can remember hearing 7 shots for 3 days plus this morning. See a few does but nothing chasing here. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Who is getting their ice gear ready? I am and I think I might swing over St.Cloud check if I need any new gear.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Kettle said:

Finally getting back into it, got a snowmobile, an otter sled, electric auger and the new perspective livescope. Figure a few more weeks and there will be safe ice

Dang, sounds like you spent some cash, "for just getting back into it" Must folks start with a bucket and jig stick! 😁

Edited by leech~~
  • Yayyyy 1

57 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Dang, sounds like you spent some cash, "for just getting back into it" Must folks start with a bucket and jig stick! 😁

I've been on a bucket and hand auger the past 7 years. Used to have all the toys but sold everything to help pay for tuition and books. Some of those textbooks were 700$ for one book. But yes, spent some cash but the gear should last for years, buy once, cry once for good gear

20221020_122141.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Looks like a nice sled man

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Kettle said:

I've been on a bucket and hand auger the past 7 years. Used to have all the toys but sold everything to help pay for tuition and books. Some of those textbooks were 700$ for one book. But yes, spent some cash but the gear should last for years, buy once, cry once for good gear

20221020_122141.jpg

See stay in school kids. It pays off!  😁  Nice rig. 👍

• Thumbs Up 2