• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sean55025

Just curious what people are seeing after this cold snap?

DrJuice1980

About 8.5"

20161224_185630.jpg

bigbad401

Rush point store is reporting 3-4 inches of ice on most of the lake. Is this accurate for those who have been out there?  Thank you.

ItsInTheP

Any update on west rush ice? Heading out tomorrow morning. 8.5" or 4" is very different... 

• Like 1

DrJuice1980

I didnt see anything close to 4". But hey, youre safe on 4" if you're walking! Don't be an idiot and you'll need just fine.

bowhuntingboy1

D

4 hours ago, DrJuice1980 said:

I didnt see anything close to 4". But hey, youre safe on 4" if you're walking! Don't be an idiot and you'll need just fine.

Does that mean more or less than 4?

• Like 1

DrJuice1980

My post above quoted 8.5, I was sitting on 8.5 last Saturday, had to walk through a little slop but that should all be frozen now, I would expect there to be 7-10" now.  Good luck!

• Like 1

bigbad401

I was out yesterday (Dec 30) and fishing a little north of Wilson island and south of the big group around Cigar island.  There was 8 inches of ice where I was at.  I did not punch any other holes but the four me and my daughter were fishing through.  Even though there were a lot of people set up to the south of us around Wilson island.   No snow or slush on the ice.

birdguy

Drove around East and West Rush Lake yesterday. Stopped by Petersons, the east access, the west access and the Grumpy Minnow for a look and must have seen over 2000 folks on the lakes fishing just about everywhere. Amazing!

I have a new Ice Castle this year and a truck to pull it, but also had rotary cuff surgery a few weeks ago so I wasn't planning to go out with the new rig until next year. The upcoming cold spell and the lack of snow might make me change my mind and recruit a few friends..........?

birdguy

We'll see.......?

castle.jpg

KidMoe

Nice looking rig Birdguy!

Sean55025

Ice was 10" where I was at today.

Nix769

Fished yesterday south of Cigar....with the other 2,000 people.... and had 10 solid inches of ice.  Only iced one crappie....probably was just me!...though didn't look like much getting caught around me.   Fortunately was a beautiful day to be out until the white knuckle ride home with iced over roads and cars all over in the ditch.

DrJuice1980

Lots of water and slush on the ice yesterday. Ice wasn't as thick as I thought it'd be either.  Spot I was on I marked 13".  Ended up not driving all the way to where I was going and glad I did. Walked about 1/3 mile.  Caught some perch, gills, and a 14.5" eye. Saw some larger marks moving through when I caught the 14 but just sniffers. I was in 20' bottom of a break with some deeper water near and weeds not far.  

20170121_140325.jpg

20170121_153930.jpg

20170121_160830.jpg

hunterdown

I'm going to West Rush on Friday, any reports? Ice thickness?

bigbad401

I am interested also and about the snow cover on the lake.  I am going on Saturday need to know if I can drive a front wheel drive vehicle on the lake and get back off.

bigbad401

Last weekend I saw about 20 or so inches of ice. No snow on the lake.