• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Silver Lake (Across from Lake Edwards) Help

My family is renting a cabin over the 4th on Silver lake.  Any one have any info on the lake?  It looks to be a small lake with a lot  little pan fish according to the DNR website.  I mostly fish for bass, but will target eyes and pan fish.  I have two young boys (5 and 3) and want to keep them entertained.  I plan on hitting Lake Edwards a couple of times.  Any tips on this lake?? Don't need coordinates or secret spots, just a little info would be great.  I appreciate any help.  Thanks!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Since your close you may want to try Peilcan as well. You may do better there then at Edwards.

Mossy,

Silver can be a really fun lake for numbers of pike....numbers of small pike mind you but there usually are a lot to be had out there.  Throwing spinnerbaits in the cabbage, or jigworms.  You should get bit pretty easy.

Thank you to all for your help and replies!!!  Looking forward to fish new lakes!  Have fished Pelican before but that was when I was in my 20s and mostly bottle bass were biting when I was up there!  I will post an update when I return.  Thanks!  Mossy

• 3 weeks later...

Well the boys had a blast on Silver last week  had plenty of action on small sunfish, crappies, and bass off the dock!!!  They were happy!  Fished around the lake a bit and caught plenty of small pike and my step son caught a 4lb+ large mouth!  I did manage to get over to Edwards for only morning.  Fished any where from 10ft-33ft, in weeds, outside weeds and all we could catch were pike.  Tried jig and fathead, nothing.  All fish came on a lindy n leech.  It was a good trip and we had nice weather!!  Silver is not a big lake but was a nice lake for swimming and for the boys catching fish, no matter the size.  It was an enjoyable trip for all!!

• Thumbs Up 1