• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2016 McGregor-Aitkin-Crosby-Deerwood fishing opener

No chatter about opener?
With all of us up on Big Sandy and we don't even have a complaint?

As much as I probably don't like the idea I did decide to join the crowd. I signed up for a HOST boat for the opener and was selected as a possibility. I will be in the running to take out someone from the Governor's party. I will not find out until tonight if its going to happen at a Host Meal. I will report back and let you know who is hopefully in my boat!

Good luck out there and be safe with the wind!

im staying away from Mcgregor this year for opener because of the gov being there.

Things went great!!! It was a opportunity that could not be passed by...

I think most people made it till noon and they had enough. I had two people well into there sixty's that made it all day!!. I also made sure I kept them behind islands and plenty of pike chasing there lures.

For those of you that passed on being a host boat and telling stories about the community and lake.... Shame on you... You should be proud of this community.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 10:57 AM, Sand Burr said:

Things went great!!! It was a opportunity that could not be passed by...

I think most people made it till noon and they had enough. I had two people well into there sixty's that made it all day!!. I also made sure I kept them behind islands and plenty of pike chasing there lures.

For those of you that passed on being a host boat and telling stories about the community and lake.... Shame on you... You should be proud of this community.

I guided as well. 2 of my guys left after the shore lunch and 2 kept fishing. We boated around 30 walleyes, 5 or 6 northern,  kept 4 crappies, and caught a bunch of perch. We were in the wind but that's were the fish were. I've been involved in past governor's openers and was the coordinator of the one on White Bear and the traffic was not nearly as bad as that one or the one on Kabetogama. Maybe the weather did it but my guys had fun and said they want to go out with me again sometime. It was fun!