• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Opener  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is anyone else as excited as me for opener?  I'm getting really excited and I'm done planting corn for the first time in years so I can actually participate!  I read that people are thinking it's going to be a shinner bite and that they were expecting the fish to be up shallow feeding.  I haven't been fishing yet this spring so I don't have any helpful information on that topic but I'm assuming they walleyes will be chasing after the bait fish.  

Our boat got a new aerator and bilge pump put into it this week so after picking it up I went to the access on pelican to start the motor and visually see that we had water flowing which its been years so I was very excited to see water flowing, I know I'm a LOSER but it's the little things in life some days.  While I was running the motor the girlfriend was on the dock and goes look at all the fish!  I don't know if they were shiners or not but there was a school of 2-3" bait fish maybe 10-12 feet wide by 20-25 feet long just swimming through up shallow near the dock.  I was on the windward side of the lake so I know wind blows some bait fish around but it was cool to see.  It also was cool to see because I think the girlfriend is excited to start out fishing me again this year.

I'm going to try to do a poll if it works but I'm curious what people are going to target for opener.  Good luck everyone and stay safe water temp at the access was 52 degrees.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.