• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hello gyys, I live near the chisago area and I am wonderibg what seems to be carchibg the crappues? I goibg to fish green lakw and chosago.

• 2 months later...

Lots of guys use small jigging spoons or jigs with crappie minnows. Or small jigs with plastics and or spikes. The best bite for crappies tends to be in the evening near dusk. And in the spring a similar rig works under a bobber around weed beds in 8 -12 feet usually. Overcast days produce a steady bite all day long in the spring.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• gimruis
      No, that is not legal since bass season is not open yet.   As leech stated, it better be something small that would work for crappies.   You can do all the scanning and scouting you want with your graphs at any point.  Just don't be tossing bass-sized lures.
    • leech~~
    • leech~~
      Well you could throw something small and play really, really dumb and say you were casting for crappies if you get stopped!  
    • Djsnej123456
      I have a question that maybe nobody has ever heard or been asked about here in Minnesota would like to know anyone’s input if they happen to know. Figured I would ask on here before reaching out to the DNR.        . So I have a bass tournament the weekend of the 18th. I know that the opener this year is  on the 11th. I plan on going to the lake on the 10th which is Friday the day before the opener because that is the only day I have available to make the drive. my plan is to mainly just check the lake out and do a lot of scanning but here is my question. Is it legal to throw a soft plastic around just to detect bites if I don’t even have any sort of a hook connected to my line at all? So what I would do is throw a tungsten worm weight with a twist lock that is holding on a soft plastic, no hook whatsoever. This is just only to detect bites and areas that are holding fish.  The twist lock shown below. Thanks a lot for your help and input.   .
    • Hookmaster
    • rundrave
      https://www.cocorahs.org/ this site is a great way to get rain totals for areas
    • smurfy
      thanks bud....that'll help.
    • Kettle
      Just checked the rain gauge as I was gone on a 48 hr shift. 1.75" since Saturday morning 
    • gimruis
      I got this tom last Wed on the first day of season B north of Princeton.  I had seen this group of turkeys in the morning about 150 yards away and watched them walk away in the distance over a hill.  After they left, I moved my blind and hoped they would return later along that same path.  That plan worked.  Around 7:15pm, 5 hens, 2 jakes, and a tom came walking back.  I dusted the tom at 25 yards.  Never even had to use a turkey call.   Its only the second time in 17 years of spring turkey hunting I've been able to fill my tag on the first day.    
    • leech~~
      Suk's hardly a flake of snow this past winter and now it's been raining every few days.  Which we, the famers and the lakes need, but! 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.