• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

It's good to see some new members posting, as well as some of the guys we haven't heard from in a while:)  

Shoot2Kill, been seeing 3.5 -5 in of ice all over our area. Being Beaver is small, and somewhat shallow, I would bet there is decent ice out there. 

Yesterday I found 5 inches on the lake I was on just south of town, and there was a small 4 wheeler pulling a small house. I'm sure if they could hear how much the ice was talking to them they would have headed back to shore. Crazy!

Edited by Naturboy
  • Thumbs Up 1

I haven't been out yet this year, and with the snow coming I squeezed in a short outing this morning, hit a lake west of town, 4-5" of ice. Had to work for the crappies, 22-26 feet, impulse plastics, brown was best. Wish I could have stayed for the afternoon bite, the incoming strom should fire em up. Lets hope we don't get too much snow!

• Thumbs Up 3

Thanks for the pictures , Keep working them as the bigger ones are there somewhere. Waiting for my chance to get out as well so that I can send some pics. Great Job Rick  :D

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Nice Job Rick Ill get over that way with you one of these days.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Sounds like a fun day.  I'm tied up for another week and hope to hit it hard after then.  Living through your reports till then

• Thumbs Up 2

I hope that you are able to get on the ice ASAP. Good things are worth waiting for !!!!   Best of luck to you Borch

• Thumbs Up 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

panfish on the brain....    nice ! ;)

• Thumbs Up 3

Has anyone been up to Horseshoe in the last day or so? How much ice are you finding out there? Looking to take the sled  out this weekend if possible.

10 minutes ago, trappingaddiction said:

Has anyone been up to Horseshoe in the last day or so? How much ice are you finding out there? Looking to take the sled  out this weekend if possible.

Between 4.5 and 7in as of today. Found a few places that have a bit thinner ice than the rest of the lake.

• Thumbs Up 1

Way to go Rick and Tom sounds like you guys had some good fishing and action.  Eyeguy nice gills sounds like that lake we talked about  worked out.

• Thumbs Up 1

just did an ice check on shoe today and was surprised.   Very little ice growth in the last week.   I found 5" where I expected to find 6-8.    The snow has insulated it.    Did not find anything over 5" away from shore.    

I am going to put out the 8x8 snap shack out tomorrow.   I designed it for thin ice so the weight will not be an issue but I may have to take it out there piece by piece from the thicker ice in the shallows  about 75 yards or so.

Don

• Thumbs Up 2

22 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

Hit a favorite spot south of town today.  Gills bit good but lottsa small stuff till I switched to plastics. Ended up with a dozen nice eaters but no monsters. Beaut of a day! 

1230a.jpg

Good ones Royce! Glad your finally putting the waxworms down.

• Thumbs Up 3

not totally but gotta learn these plastics.     sometimes they like meat. :) 

• Thumbs Up 2

monsters in there but I missed the hot bite.

• Thumbs Up 1

Don great report noticed a few guys working that breakline in your bay. Have you been out Don if so any luck? Hopefully you can get the snap shack out. Should be some pies and eyes roaming that inside turn if not the kitty's will keep you busy.

• Thumbs Up 1

welcome to FM MNcountryboy!

• Thumbs Up 3