• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey all,

I am looking at a lot on this lake for a new permanent home. What is the fishing like? Is there anyone live on the lake that can give me some in put? We sure are interested in the lot but I am not willing to live on a lake that don't have walleye and crappie fishing. Looking at the DNR page it don't look to bad but some first hand experiences would be greatly appreciated. Not looking for hotspots. (Yet! LOL) Thanks for any replies in advance

Long is a hidden gem.  I've fished it many times and struck out but there is soo much structure a guy just don't know where exactly to start.  I haven't heard about the crappies but I got some friends who fish it pretty hard core and they do very well.  Everyone fishes it late ice for tuilibees in the narrows.  Which part of the lake are you looking at?

I grew up north of there about 3 miles.  Very nice area and that should hopefully still be Hobart township.  They did a great job on our roads so couldn't complain.  Narrows you gotta be careful of ice quality, we've hit slush during the winter even when we've had good ice conditions.  Long I think is a good challenge for some people.  My cousin has a cabin by the access and he uses leadcore trolling raps and have had great luck with suspended walleyes and bass but he's got that down to a science with slide charts and line counters.  Plus if you get frustrated Rose, Sybil, Loon, and Little McDonald are minutes away.

this property is not in the narrows it would be to the east around the corner of the narrows down in that south bay area. good to know about the ice in that area though. I have downriggers on my boat so.... I have never fished those lakes either they are good as well?

I have caught crappies in Long and some nice gills but there are better lakes in that area. In late spring down in that S Bay in the deep hole the tulaby through the ice can be fun to catch...don't know anyone who fishes it regularly (summer or winter) nor have I heard reports of "good walleye bites" coming from there. That location is good and you would be nearby many good fishing lakes if Long does not produce for you...Good Luck!